Model Cars Magazine Forum

No love for the 1/24th scale Model A coupe

I have about 6 of those in the closet. And a few of the cabriolet versions too.

Started to chop one, and turn it into this. Haven't decided on engine or anything. 

Bought a resin body from Altered States of the Cabriolet kit, with a tonneau cover for like a salt flat look. Sitting on Revell 32 rails, 40 ford wheels/tires, Duvall windshield

Edited by JTalmage

I have a closet full as well. But my point is, I don't think we'll ever see it any time soon.

I would think in light of Round2 / AMT re releasing their '29 roadster against Revells new issue, maybe a nostalgia shot with the Monogram first issue would be in order, a money maker for sure.

I don't have the new kit yet but from what I've seen and read it may be more of a parts kit for me. I love the old Monogram kit. I dream of that 6 way kit being released. I've got an unbuilt one as well as the '30 Phaeton. I want to build them both but just can't bring myself to take anything off the sprues. 

I don't have the new kit yet but from what I've seen and read it may be more of a parts kit for me. I love the old Monogram kit. I dream of that 6 way kit being released. I've got an unbuilt one as well as the '30 Phaeton. I want to build them both but just can't bring myself to take anything off the sprues. 

When was the last time you saw one on your local hobby shop shelf ? :wacko:

Oh, about 3 weeks ago (a hobby shop that also stocks a lot of older, OOP kits.  As others have stated, that Monogram kit is the ONLY way to get a stock Model A coupe body.   But if one doesn't have to have a stock one, what the hey?  Sure, it would be cool to have an all-new state-of-the-art kit of this subject, but unless/until that happens, I can more than make do with this one.

Art

I really enjoy this old kit. I think the roof "feels" like a model A in a way that the new Revell kit fails to achieve (but the new kit has many advantages!!)

I'm building one right now, with one more waiting in the wings...and if I get the chance, I'll buy more. 

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/Spex84/ScaleModels/30 Ford coupe 60s Style/30FordWIP_Sept12016_sm_zpsxvouhgbb.jpg

Oh, about 3 weeks ago (a hobby shop that also stocks a lot of older, OOP kits.  As others have stated, that Monogram kit is the ONLY way to get a stock Model A coupe body.   But if one doesn't have to have a stock one, what the hey?  Sure, it would be cool to have an all-new state-of-the-art kit of this subject, but unless/until that happens, I can more than make do with this one.

Art

So let me get this right Art, You're telling everyone no problem, just go to their local hobby shop and they'll have one there waiting on the shelf for them?

The point I'm making here is that this kit is no longer in production and if you are interested in getting one you'll have to do diligent search.

Oh yeah, what's the address of that hobby shop that has one ?:D