Model Cars Magazine Forum

New added to Round 2

ranma

I"ll get at least one of those Mustangs, and would buy at least one 1/32 Corvette, too--two if it's a coupe and I'll make a roadster out of the other one. They'd look great on a 1/32 model airplane shelf, or maybe next to my 1/32 tanks.

The only other thing of any interest to me on that list is the VW Gasser. I want to chop the back of the body off and make a pickup out of it.

AMT's 1/32 1963 Corvette was a split-window coupe.

I'll add the '32 and '40 Fords to that list (2018 and 2019 release?). It'd be cool if they made early-'60s style box art for the '53 Ford (and even better if they tooled up a bunch of vintage custom parts!).

Yea, Round 2 needs to reissue AMT's 1933 and 1949 Ford coupes too. I'd buy them.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone here was hoping not too long ago for this one to be reissued:

AMT 1043 - 1980 Datsun 280ZX Turbo - Late March

Of course, when I just nabbed a Matchbox issue of the custom version for $15 ata show today, NOW THEY'RE PLANNING TO RE RELEASE IT!

All we need is the MPC 82 Toyota Celica to release (sure the molds still exist complete) and the 80s Japanese sports car trio with the 280zx and the Monogram RX7 will be finish!  What would also be nice to see if the molds exist, and are in good shape, is the MPC Toyota 2000 GT convertible as that hasn't been seen in a long time, plus they could brand it as an 007 product (the car was in YOLT) to increase sales potential.

Also wouldn't hurt to repop the F&F Supras while they're at it, branded as Bomex and Veilside kits respectively if they cannot get the F&F licence (hey, they're rereleasing stuff they put out almost 10yrs ago, so whats so wrong about releasing Supras without the F&F branding?

Edited by RickRollerLT1

Does Anyone Have a clue when Round 2 is going to release the 1/8th Scale Mini Bike by chance?? I happened to check out their site earlier today and it caught my eye but I couldn't find any info when it was going to be released.

The Rupp Roadster? Early January is what I see at various online retailers for an arrival date.

MPC849-Rupp-Mini-Bike-Lid.jpg

All we need is the MPC 82 Toyota Celica to release (sure the molds still exist complete)

The MPC '84 Toyota Supra would be a good candidate fro reissue, but it seems Round2 is on a roll with the Lesney/Matchbox-era reissues-- VW Scirocco, Sunbeam Tiger, now, the 280ZX Turbo...get ready for the VW Rabbit and Subaru B.R.A.T. next! ^_^

The MPC '84 Toyota Supra would be a good candidate fro reissue, but it seems Round2 is on a roll with the Lesney/Matchbox-era reissues-- VW Scirocco, Sunbeam Tiger, now, the 280ZX Turbo...get ready for the VW Rabbit and Subaru B.R.A.T. next! ^_^

The Ford Capri MkII would be nice, the Rabbit you mention less so, due to the recent all new tool by Revell Germany.

IMHO they should sell those old compact with some brand new wheels and tires, as extra parts, to make them more exiting for the restomod crowd, but that's just my humble opinion.

Edited by Luc Janssens

You've done good then, because the new release will set you back, at least $25.

At least that would be better than the $45-70 i've seen them normally fetch (including the 1990s reissue, which I was fortunate enough to nab at $20 back in June)

Edited by RickRollerLT1

The repoped Datsun monster truck is MPC, which makes me hope the Celica and a few others aren't too far down the line.

The Rupp Roadster? Early January is what I see at various online retailers for an arrival date.

MPC849-Rupp-Mini-Bike-Lid.jpg

I hope this is at least as nice as their Honda Trail 70 kit. I was very pleased with how that one turned out. I'm glad to see these two mini bike kits back. I never own either one back in the day (kit or the real thing). But, always wanted to. The neighbors across the street had a full-size ("real") Trail 70, and another a few doors down had a full-size Rupp Roadster. Got to ride the Rupp a few times. I always liked it. And thought it was pretty cool looking with that squared off fuel tank on the early version, which the neighbors had and the kit portrays.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

more likely they will do it as #10 Colonel Bob with a fake flag.  ;)

...But , then again , perhaps Dandy's relatives ( wife , son Robert , daughter Danette , etc. ) would give their blessing to have this kit reissued in its original Dick Landy livery :D . Now THAT is a kit I would buy !

...But , then again , perhaps Dandy's relatives ( wife , son Robert , daughter Danette , etc. ) would give their blessing to have this kit reissued in its original Dick Landy livery :D . Now THAT is a kit I would buy !

....I second that emotion, like Smokey sang........I'd buy a case just because........the Ace.....:P

Now that the MPC body has the stock rear window opening in it.  To me this would be a no brainer. But thats just my opinion

Be nice if Round2 would include the "reimagined" 1970 Super Bee / 1968 Road Runner ( et al. ) chassis , etc. , to replace the outdated cachu parts of the Charger ...

...and , add some period-correct custom wheels , too ( Cragar S/S would be correct for a Landy car ) .