Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone got Issue #202 in the mail yet? It's the contest issue and I've been patiently waiting to see if my build(s) made it in from the SCMA show in January. Keep expecting to go home everyday and find it in the mailbox, but no luck yet. :mellow:

Got my issue in the mail 2 days ago.  Sorry Scott, don't see anything of yours in there.:(

Local Barnes and Nobles has it on the shelf, but my subscription issue has not arrived yet.

Haven't received my subscription copy yet but have seen FB posts of pics of builds that were at our FAST contest.  Sure would like to see the issue arrive.

Viewed a copy of the Contest annual 2016 today (contest shows from 2015) and was disappointed.

Not in the quality of all the great models pictured, but 6 less pages in this issue (2015 had 84 pages). 

Mainly disappointed that no pictures from the 2015 LLC NNL contest (Lower Left Coast - Carlsbad, Ca -  August, 2015).

I attended the show last year and all the contest model cars were amazing.

MCM, why was the LLC NNL omitted from the 2016 issue?

Thanks.

I'm guessing there might be several reasons...

maybe no one took photos

maybe no one submitted the photos to MCM

maybe the photos submitted did not meet the required criteria to be printed

etc, etc...

Mine arrived today in my distant suburb of Los Angeles. It's the first issue received for my sub.

It's great to see so many different kinds of model vehicle building. It's especially fascinating to see new custom car styling and even new combinations of things such as the rat rod hauler. I'm looking forward to more issues and to more appearing on the updated Custom Clinic website when it's revamped.

Blunc,

Actually, Gregg was in attendance. The managing editor Darryl did take photos. Along with a MCM staff member also taking photos. So, something unusual this time. 

Viewed a copy of the Contest annual 2016 today (contest shows from 2015) and was disappointed.

Not in the quality of all the great models pictured, but 6 less pages in this issue (2015 had 84 pages). 

Mainly disappointed that no pictures from the 2015 LLC NNL contest (Lower Left Coast - Carlsbad, Ca -  August, 2015).

I attended the show last year and all the contest model cars were amazing.

MCM, why was the LLC NNL omitted from the 2016 issue?

Thanks.

Because we get more contests submitted than we can fit into the issue. Something has to give, we just don't have the room to include all the contests we receive. Unfortunately yours was one of the ones that we couldn't fit in.

now THIS is why more people should post their contest photos online...

I heard I have a build in there... I'll have to try and pick it up when I see it on the stands

Got mine today.  Loving the plastic sleeve it comes in now, keeps it nice and clean.

Got mine today. Love that it has been coming in plastic. These contest issues are loaded with ideas for your own builds.