Model Cars Magazine Forum

Exoto XS cars

deja-view

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Certainly impressive for sure.  Not sure if just buying them bring the same level of satisfaction as trying to create something you know you built.  And then there is the scale which is a little large for many.  Some are on sale for only $1500 and up.

IMG_2916.PNG

Edited by vamach1

2 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

It is a scale issue for me.

On another note - so glad to see you today at MAMA today and don't be a stranger and come up again anytime.  I'm just five minutes off 66/495 and you can come check out my collection which does include some Exoto cars.  I'm guessing you can ID this car from the Glen last weekend.

IMG_2903.JPG

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

On another note - so glad to see you today at MAMA today and don't be a stranger and come up again anytime.  I'm just five minutes off 66/495 and you can come check out my collection which does include some Exoto cars.  I'm guessing you can ID this car from the Glen last weekend.

IMG_2903.JPG

Lola T70 Coupe?

They are beautiful cars - not in my budget anytime soon.  I need a new riding mower for same kind of money as these.   I will comment that I am amazed at the detail and the building skills that go into these.  Somewhere in Asia, there are people detailing cars for a job everyday that is better than MOST of us can do.  I look at Franklin mint cars and think WOW.   Why couldn't out model kit companies achieve the levels of detail. Yes I realiuze these cars cost $120 in the days when models were $5 or less.  Wonder which sold more? the diecasts or the kits?

I'm buying Mint cars now for about same price as a new model kit.  I couldn't afford $120 then and still can't.  But I'll drop $30 - $0 on a 50 something American car I can't get or don't have in plastic.    

And I do still get a thrill from having a model of a car that someone else built.  So long as it is a nice car.