Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been at the hospital all day

kpnuts

Hi all got back from hols yesterday and at 5 this morning my missus lept out of bed with cramp then decided she needed the loo, then I heard a crash lept out to find her unconscious on the floor of the toilet with blood pouring from her head, I phoned an ambulance and after about 5 mins she came round and was very confused, the paramedics arrived then 2 more then an ambulance they managed to get her down the stairs on a special stretcher, she's broken a vertebra in her back got crush injurys to her back and concussion, but, they still sent us home said it's a stable fracture, I've never seen her in so much pain, I have to say I was scared, don't know what I would do without her.

Sorry to hear this.  I've heard that the NHS is even worse than what they are trying to do to our healthcare.  Here they would probably keep her overnight for observation with the concussion and crushed vertebrae.

I don't know what they do for pain but watch her close if she is taking prescription meds and tries to get up to use the wc.  Meds have a different affect on different people and its better to be safe than sorry until understand how they affect her.

Well I'm pee'd off with hospital gp agrees she should have stayed in, but that she seems stable enough now, what I'm really pee'd off with (my daughter in law is a Physio) we should have been given things like a bit you put on the loo to make it easier for Pam to get on and off the loo also the couch, they should have assessed our house for her to get around, for instance (a new experience for me) I had to shower Pam this morning, with a broken back an standing in the shower, she was being very brave but it hurt her a lot ( becky my daughter in law says we should have been given a chair which sits in the bath so she can sit down also a non slip matt)  I thought I had a great idea and would use one of the plastic chairs from the garden but it won't sit stably in the bath, I'm really quite cross. I'm now going to make a seat which fits over the top of the bath out of an old kitchen work top.

Wow Ken, I sure hope your Wife has a quick recovery (well as quick as a fractured bone goes...) For what it's worth as I get older I find being a Pain in the A## around Medical Folks works like the Squeeky Wheel, so my advice is to Make Noise, you just may get the Chair you need.

Hi all I and Pam would just like to thank roymattblack for this.

Very kind of you.

I was looking at our hols pics and it dawned on me just how quickly things can change, this is Pam 48 hrs before 

She won't let me take a pic now but she went from the vibrant funny person you see there to laying on her back unable to do anything with out a lot of pain in 48 hrs, live life in the now, you don't know what's round the corner.