Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Shelby Mustang

SamBred

Got my 3rd build on the bench. I'm a mopar man but this kit was a gift so I figured it get it going. Not to many pieces with this kit. It's my first time putting on decals and I'm nervous to put the rest on, I think I'm gonna leave them off and clear coat it in the next few days. I have had a problem out of the hood. I have primered and painted the body and hood at same time but in seperate pieces and the hood is totally different color! I don't know why. I'm very busy in the spring and summer so it's gonna be fun this winter to get lots of bench time!

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

I usually prime and paint the hood, same color parts, and body at the same time and have them mounted on a board so I don't apply more coats to a single part. Every now an then you can get a reaction with the plastic and things go bad. I can't see your picture to well but it looks like the paint on the hood fogged from humidity or reacted with the plastic.

UPDATE well not really....haven't had any bench time but I decided to do some body work on the hood. It didn't fit well. I wasn't happy with 2 decals I put down the side of car so they came off and well it's going back in the paint booth. Gonna try and get everything matching haha. Body hood bumpers everything done again. Wish me luck.