Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dad got a new toy today......

JollySipper

Dads_car_001.thumb.JPG.3bf88c4ba5d10e4c4

Dads_car_002.thumb.JPG.e08a273f057336a50

Dads_car_003.thumb.JPG.504b3b021c48f20f8

Dads_car_004.thumb.JPG.1d69edc53a603cb4f

Dads_car_005.thumb.JPG.b67c33039a81daba4

So my Mom calls me on the phone and says "Step outside, I have something to show you."  Her and Dad pull up in this! It's all original (minus the wheels, but he has the original wheel covers)

The paint, top, engine, trans, all original. I believe the seats have been redone, but that's it.........

Less than 78,000 miles on it..........

Yea, Dad loves the "Mopes" too (as I call them)....... I'm really happy for him being able to get this car. He's had to sell some nice vehicles in the past to feed us kids, something he'll never have to do with this one...... and he paid well less than $20K for it, even less than $15K........  :)

The car looks to be in good condition. 

I'm wondering if the bench seat has the original position.  I had a 71 Plym Satellite as a dealer car, red/white interior (looked good, 400" smog motor) but the bench position was not good.  A terrible riding position, the thighs were not supported and I thought how could Mopar get this so wrong.

The interior / dash looks just like the Satellite.

Hey, Michael! The seat I'm sure can be adjusted forward or back............ I remember that some old bench seat cars he had, the driver and passenger had to move together or the seat would catch in the tracks crooked........  A bench is better for having your companion along for a ride with you, she can sit a lot closer...... :D

• 3 weeks later...