Model Cars Magazine Forum

HELP HARRY

I believe this subject should be raised here in the General section because not many members scroll down to the Off-Topic Lounge. However, this subject is relevant to the functioning of the forum, the magazine, and moderator Harry P's contributions to modeling, all of which belong here.

If you didn't know, Harry is battling colorectal cancer; his income has  dwindled to a trickle (he is not paid to be an MCM moderator, and he has basically kept the forum alive single-handedly) and he needs help to pay his medical bills, thanks to poor insurance.

Please go down to the Off-Topic Lounge and contact Cato for information on how to contribute to his gofundme account. Just the price of one model kit can help. Or go directly here:

https://www.gofundme.com/2pndgj5w?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

Edited by sjordan2

I'm in.  I'll go straight to the link above in a few days.  Put this in God's hand Harry.
Does goefundme accepts American Express?

Not sure Angelo. Go to the link and see if there is card information available. And thanks on behalf of Harry to all of you that care.

EDIT: They have an 'Ask Gofundme' a question box on the bottom of the page.

Edited by Cato

Not sure Angelo. Go to the link and see if there is card information available. And thanks on behalf of Harry to all of you that care.

EDIT: They have an 'Ask Gofundme' a question box on the bottom of the page.

I did search and asked but nothing on credit cards.  I'll find out in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

This was in my e-mail this morning.  Looks very suspicious to me.  Came from  harrypri@outlook.com

Hello,

I am very sorry I could not inform everyone about my trip to (Manila,Philippines) for a program because it was impromptu, the program was successful but my journey has turned sour I was mugged at gun point and all my valuables were stolen cash, credit cards and phone, where I went for sightseeing before leaving to the airport since my return flight is in few hours. Luckily I had my passport in my hotel room to get me home.

It's was a bad experience I need your help financially to get back home, I need to settle some outstanding hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport, I have contacted my bank but the best they can do is to mail a new card which will take 3 days to get here, Please let me know if you can help me out? I promise to make the immediate refund when i get home.

All hopes on you.

Harry

This was in my e-mail this morning.  Looks very suspicious to me.  Came from  harrypri@outlook.com

etc...

It's obviously a fake, some little walking piece of .... trying to steal money.

Communications from the real Harry will either come from the message center on THIS board, or they'll show up as "Harry via GoFundMe

The world is full of weaselly little thieves. Don't fall for them.

I didn't get one of the above but there is something going on with my computer. A whole raft of file icons have turned orange and the confuser Doctor I took it to said it looks like one of the "hijack" viruses. We 'll know more later today.

Hello,

I am very sorry I could not inform everyone about my trip to (Manila,Philippines) for a program because it was impromptu, the program was successful but my journey has turned sour I was mugged at gun point and all my valuables were stolen cash, credit cards and phone, where I went for sightseeing before leaving to the airport since my return flight is in few hours. Luckily I had my passport in my hotel room to get me home.

It's was a bad experience I need your help financially to get back home, I need to settle some outstanding hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport, I have contacted my bank but the best they can do is to mail a new card which will take 3 days to get here, Please let me know if you can help me out? I promise to make the immediate refund when i get home.

All hopes on you.

Harry

O.K. Let's talk about hijack. The above post on down to this one is concerning that topic. Your post has nothing to do with this thread and actually could be interpreted as a negative. Bill, your post was good as it attempted to dilute the post above it. Skip, always being Skip. It's just you.  Harry, always the diplomat. Landman, way off base. Your computer has  virus. Your problem. Doesn't have anything to do with helping Harry. Bob, you just can't help yourself, can you.

This is a very serious thread and if you haven't experienced this or any other cancers first hand, or second hand as I have, than you can't even imagine what Harry is going through.  

Hello,

All hopes on you.

Harry

I had the same email this evening, sent from harrypri@att.net, of course it went straight in the spam folder and then deleted 

O.K. Let's talk about hijack. The above post on down to this one is concerning that topic. Your post has nothing to do with this thread and actually could be interpreted as a negative. Bill, your post was good as it attempted to dilute the post above it. Skip, always being Skip. It's just you.  Harry, always the diplomat. Landman, way off base. Your computer has  virus. Your problem. Doesn't have anything to do with helping Harry. Bob, you just can't help yourself, can you.

This is a very serious thread and if you haven't experienced this or any other cancers first hand, or second hand as I have, than you can't even imagine what Harry is going through.  

Let's keep it on topic. It's serious business