Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rain For Rent TF

MoparMark

• 4 weeks later...

James Warren lived across the street from us when I was growing up. (1974-1981) I remember seeing the sleek trailers that they towed the cars in. His garage wall was covered in the 'Peter Max" style March Meet posters that were all the rage back then. We lived on a Cul-de-sac, and when the races where happening, all the trucks, trailers and support vehicles (5 or 6 of them) would fill the thing. I remember my Dad getting Ticked Off because of all the noise and bustle.  He was never very friendly , but I do remember looking at a couple of the race cars in his garage. They would sometimes work until late at night on the cars.

Your build brings back many memories. Of Course the cars I remember seeing were all Front Motor, IMHO. There may have been some Rear Motor cars, but I don't recall them. Great Build.

Thanks to all for such great and fantastic responses I'm glad I can make something that's never been built before ,that's my fun in model making and I hope I can get it worked out to where the decals I made for this can be available through Slixx or some other decal makers that can properly print them on an alps printer. More to follow  Thanks again, Mark