Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starting a new one. Something a little different. Old school Mercedes G-Wagen from ESCI. I really like these old ESCI kits for some reason. Unfortunately the EBay pricing is insane on most of these. But every now and then, you can find them for a steal. Which is what happened with this a couple of years ago!

The kit itself was factory sealed. Upon opening, everything was there, as expected. The brown plastic seems to be a little more brittle than the black, as quite a few of the brown pieces had come off the sprues. No damage though. no warping or damage to the body or any other pieces. Decals haven't even yellowed yet, so we'll see how they work out.

IMG_20160915_1957150_zpsqnh0gjbn.jpg

c5869c30-4f66-4a1f-87d6-6f6f308b22b9_zps 

IMG_20160915_1958113_zps0qpfpjeh.jpg

IMG_20160915_1958365_zpsxwug0dew.jpg

IMG_20160915_2001150_zpsijemz6kk.jpg?t=1

I absolutely HATE the new G-Wagens. Street tires and low hanging exhausts? Catering to the soccer mom, trophy wife, and sad old men crowd? No thanks. Mercedes should keep the G-Wagen as a real off road machine, and leave the other half dozen SUV models in their lineup for the street driving folk. Maybe that's just me though. :P

Will be building this one as bone stock truck. Manual transmission, steel wheels, no leather...as it should be. :)

I have two of these kits, may build the second one to be slightly modified. Lift, racks, etc.

I absolutely HATE the new G-Wagens. Street tires and low hanging exhausts? Catering to the soccer mom, trophy wife, and sad old men crowd? No thanks. Mercedes should keep the G-Wagen as a real off road machine, and leave the other half dozen SUV models in their lineup for the street driving folk. Maybe that's just me though. :P

Will be building this one as bone stock truck. Manual transmission, steel wheels, no leather...as it should be. :)

I have two of these kits, may build the second one to be slightly modified. Lift, racks, etc.

I hear you but anything that can do this and this and this is ok in my book. 

I'll be watching this build.