Model Cars Magazine Forum

What happened to the B.R.B.O. finished trucks?

It was such a great thing. Great to see heaps of different projects on the go.

Ben

Ben, That is a very good question. I guess someone didn't like the idea and all the attention that it was generating.. But really who knows.

I know there are a number of people that completed their builds.. And a few like me that dropped lout. And there are still a few with a build in the works.

I guess time will tell.

Be Well

Gator

I am betting you are right!!!!!

Well, since hes not going to say anything, my speculation is Clayton got upset and deleted everything when he got called out for ripping several people off in bad trades. Go check the "good trader" pinned thread. Shortly after these post, the BRBO disappeared. Could be a coincidence, but I dont think so. 

Well, since hes not going to say anything, my speculation is Clayton got upset and deleted everything when he got called out for ripping several people off in bad trades. Go check the "good trader" pinned thread. Shortly after these post, the BRBO disappeared. Could be a coincidence, but I dont think so. 

If that's the case, that is highly disappointing.:(

• 2 weeks later...

I logged in today for the first time in a while - work has been extremely busy, hence having to pull out of the Big Rig Build Off.  I wanted to see how it was all going as it was such a good idea with lots of inspirational builds going on.  Definitely disappointed to see it has all come to a stop.  It'd be great if those involved would add their completed builds to Jordan's thread.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I have updated my post for the BRBO build,  and I know I missed the deadline which I think was in October.

I think the problem was too many people had dropped out by not providing the mandatory monthly update. The idea was to have a calendar created featuring the top 12 builds (one for each month) and I think there may not have been enough left to make the calendar. 

It was a great idea and I thank Clayton for getting it started. This inspired me to build a big rig for the first time after sitting on several kits.