Model Cars Magazine Forum

60s/70s Corvette road racing decals

Hello all, been awhile since I visited the forums. Took off a few years of modeling to race slot cars. I recently began looking for mostly 68 to 72 Corvette road racing decals. I see when I google this topic there are so many famous and not so famous really cool cars from this era. I have searched a few places but I am finding tons of drag racing decals at private sites, some of the big decal guys but I am not finding much of anything. I even would pay someone who produces custom order decals for their time. I thought they would be more common but maybe I am not looking in right place. Thank you for any help on my quest.

Are you wanting to do a particular car? 

Probably the most instantly recognizable from the era are the Greenwood "Stars and Stripes" cars. One was available as a kit, and I'm certain somebody did aftermarket decals too.

Image result for greenwood stars and stripes corvette     Image result for greenwood stars and stripes corvette    

A company I worked for ran a similarly-painted smallblock-powered B-production Corvette roadster in SCCA in the early '70s. The majority of the cars were considerably less flashy, and could be represented with paint and generic stripe, meatball / number and period sponsor decals

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

If looking for various paint schemes and one uses Pinterest, try doing a search under a number of titles, (eg. C3 Corvettes, Racing Corvettes, Greenwood...) and it will yield more visual references than a Google search.

Cheers Misha

Edited by Misha
further elaboration

Do you have the book Corvette: A Piece of the Action? It's got a lot of great vintage pics of C2 and C3 racers. I'm using it as a reference for a project I'm working on, a damaged AMT '65 roadster that will become a chopped-windshield road racer. I'm not modeling any particular car, just something with the flavor of the times (and something that could have been built by a modeler in 1965-66, more or less), and that book has given me several good ideas.

• 2 weeks later...