Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Finishes Moving Sale, Anyone got their stuff yet?

I havent ordered yet from him. How's the shipping rates to you? I'm lucky, I live 30mins from the US border and my sister's place is just another 5mins over the border so I just order stuff and have it shipped to her place and pick it up when I go over for a visit. Save's alot of money in shipping costs. Just ordered the new Revell C7R on Tues, was at her place on Thurs and she delivered it today when her clan came over for an early Thanksgiving dinner.

I've to maybe start ordering from hobbyworld-usa.

I havn't ordered from Paul yet, he is in Waterloo, shouldn't be too far from you. Shipping from Hobbyworld wasn't too bad. 

I sent in my order for the "Sale Box" and paid with PayPal on August 22, (2016). Received my order today, October 3 (2016). A bit of a wait, but I know he's very busy with work, and the move. I'm happy.

Paid for mine Aug 14. Still havent seen or heard anything as of yet. I knew it would be awhile so I wasnt to worried about it taking some time.

I sent in my order for the "Sale Box" and paid with PayPal on August 22, (2016). Received my order today, October 3 (2016). A bit of a wait, but I know he's very busy with work, and the move. I'm happy.

Same here, finally got mine on Friday night though, Sept. 30. Happy it finally got here. I understand being busy with work, as I average anywhere from 70-80hrs week....but an email stating what was going on would have been nice.

Now lets see how long the 2nd order takes to get here, lol. :rolleyes:

Paid for mine Aug 14. Still havent seen or heard anything as of yet. I knew it would be awhile so I wasnt to worried about it taking some time.

No email or anything?

Same here, finally got mine on Friday night though, Sept. 30. Happy it finally got here. I understand being busy with work, as I average anywhere from 70-80hrs week....but an email stating what was going on would have been nice.

Now lets see how long the 2nd order takes to get here, lol. :rolleyes:

No email or anything?

newp, nada

still waiting for my order that was placed on Aug 14th. I know he received my order as he cashed my check on Sept 9th. so I thought it would arrive to my door the first week of Oct.. As of today still no word or paint ....Busy or not moving or staying I think two month is just wrong for any supplier.

still waiting for my order that was placed on Aug 14th. I know he received my order as he cashed my check on Sept 9th. so I thought it would arrive to my door the first week of Oct.. As of today still no word or paint ....Busy or not moving or staying I think two month is just wrong for any supplier.

Me neither. Sent an email Oct 6th. No reply. Order was Aug 14th, same as you. I've still not received my paint nor even a reply to my email. He's updated his webpage that said all orders would be shipped by Oct 1st. I've still not had communication from Jameston.

Me neither. Sent an email Oct 6th. No reply. Order was Aug 14th, same as you. I've still not received my paint nor even a reply to my email. He's updated his webpage that said all orders would be shipped by Oct 1st. I've still not had communication from Jameston.

Pizz poor way to run a business , makes no difference if its part time or not and I don't care if hes moving next door or across country. If you cant fill the order in a timely fashion ,,,don't take the order

• 2 weeks later...

last week I sent James a letter asking for an update regarding my order. I also enclosed my phone number and asked that he call me collect. in the letter I enclosed a copy of my order and stated that I still wanted my order and if it had been shipped yet if not I would like a refund. Still waiting for my items, still waiting for a phone call and still waiting for a refund.

Looks likes I'll be getting no where with this request. funny I have order from him several times before with always two month  before the product would arrive so I knew it would take some time.... But now it will be coming on three months and I done.

Update on my order. I sent another email on Friday night, a forward of my actual Paypal invoice from Aug 14th. and still got no reply. Then late Sat, night I got an email from Paypal saying my package was on the way. It was just a notice with a USPS tracking number. As of tonight,  my package is in Reno and on the move via USPS. Still no email of any kind from Jameston. 

That is and will be my last order from him. I know its a side business and he works long hours at his real job, but 3 fulll months without being able to send 1 email....not acceptable. I had no expectations of getting my order fast as I knew his schedule and knew he was moving, but no communication at all is just poor CS. 

Pretty much all my orders going forward will be with Gravity Colors. Mate Mayer is an excellent person to deal with. I've had numerous conversations with him via email and instant messaging through Facebook and he always replies super fast. Orders ship quick and their paint is excellent. Might be abit more expensive than Scale Finishes, but Im not waiting 3 months for an order.

Moving Sale......Customer Moving On.

David

I have ordered from them once and it was an uneventful transaction.  That was few years ago.

When I complained that while their paint dries it remains soft forever, they sent me a bottle of hardener for free.  But I never had a chance to see how it works (I wasn't using the paint at that point and the hardener has now set in the bottle.

You know everyone hits hard times and bashing them about it does not help. You dont judge someone untill you have walked in thier shoes.  Maybe he is having some financial difficulties from the move and trying to start over. 

I believe he will make everything right with all customers that have orders.

I am no way connected with this company, just tired of all the repeat bashing.

You know everyone hits hard times and bashing them about it does not help. You dont judge someone untill you have walked in thier shoes.  Maybe he is having some financial difficulties from the move and trying to start over. 

I believe he will make everything right with all customers that have orders.

I am no way connected with this company, just tired of all the repeat bashing.

Sorry....but  I respectively dis-agree.

He obviously had no trouble taking customers money for orders. If he got overwhelmed he should have cut it off until a reasonable time till to fill orders could  be achieved. 

Taking in excess of 90 days to fill orders is un-acceptable. If he was providing a service as opposed to a product. I would be more understanding...but he's not.

That said ,,,,had it been mentioned up front it MIGHT take in excess of 30 , 60 , 90 days to fill said order is another story. But my understanding is it wasn't .

Edited by gtx6970