Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Falken R32 GT-R

element899

I am in the middle of this build, and wanted to start on laying the decals on the body. I had noticed that the decals looked old as there was some yellowing around the edges of the decals. As soon as I went to soak one of them, it pretty much disintegrated after a few seconds in the water. I'm guessing this is because the decals were too dry and old to be handled. 

I know this kit is discontinued, but does anyone know if Tamiya or a third party could print new decals for this kit?

I am in the middle of this build, and wanted to start on laying the decals on the body. I had noticed that the decals looked old as there was some yellowing around the edges of the decals. As soon as I went to soak one of them, it pretty much disintegrated after a few seconds in the water. I'm guessing this is because the decals were too dry and old to be handled. 

I know this kit is discontinued, but does anyone know if Tamiya or a third party could print new decals for this kit?

Shunko Models did a reprint of that decal sheet.

If you can get a clean scan of the decals maybe someone like Firebird Designs could print off some new ones. 

David