Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toy animals in AMT kits

Which reminds me, Scott--I believe back in the '60s you could get (like from the JC Whitney catalog) animals you'd mount on the package shelf and you could wire them in and the eyes would light up red with the brake lights and/or taillights. I forget exactly what kind of animals, though--cat, raccoon, puppy, maybe? Been decades since I saw one of those.....

WINKY-CAT-sits-from-package-shelf-PRICE-REDUCED

eBay is your friend!  Winky is available,  it appears it may be a brand new reproduction, but bid starts at $30, or you can Buy It Now for $50!  

WINKY-CAT-sits-from-package-shelf-PRICE-REDUCED

eBay is your friend!  Winky is available,  it appears it may be a brand new reproduction, but bid starts at $30, or you can Buy It Now for $50!

I THINK I have an early '70s JC Whitney catalog somewhere in the Snakepit. Have to see if I can find it, and if those things were still in there at that time.

I THINK I have an early '70s JC Whitney catalog somewhere in the Snakepit. Have to see if I can find it, and if those things were still in there at that time.

In 1968 the kid across the street from me had Winky in the back window of his '63 Impala.  I was ten and quite impressed.