Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights '64 GTO

Fanof69

Hi Everyone. Doing some research on here about this kit I came to realize that you kinda like this kit or you totally despise this kit. I set out to just make it look the best I could. Unfortunately I dont think I quite accomplished that goal but I think it turned out alright. Paint is Rustoleum Sail Blue straight from the can with a couple coats of Future.

Redline tire decals are from the Revell '67 Camero kit. And as usual my foil work could be better. It really is my least favorite part of model building, but really necessary for a more realistic look. Anyway the pics.

GEDC1048_zps1hks7mwq.jpg

GEDC1017_zpsqxieuy8o.jpg

GEDC1020_zpsmflv0ioi.jpg

GEDC1022_zpsnjmlvwwm.jpg

GEDC1024_zpsyiaulkzv.jpg

GEDC1025_zpsatmv4f2c.jpg

GEDC1034_zpskq0ddsjn.jpg

GEDC1035_zps0pcpmvkg.jpg

GEDC1039_zpskymhrtrx.jpg

GEDC1040_zpsscxkdadc.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Fanof69

Nice job on your Rustolem paint! Nice clean build.

I built one of the pre-painted body versions about 10 years ago. I really like they way they look. I lowered the rear suspension and changed the wheels but built it stock otherwise.

64 GTO.JPG

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Despite the premise, it is not really a snap kit. I guess it is possible, but I had to cut and shave everything to get it to fit. The original AMT 1964 is my favorite for shape and simplicity less detail but it fits nice.

Thanks Bob. Yeah I did an awful lot of gluing and massaging on this "snap" kit:lol:

• 1 month later...