Model Cars Magazine Forum

Getting the rust off...

Hi there!

I've been reading this forum a bit and I'm amazed at some of the builds. So awesome! You all have inspired me!

So, it's been a while since I enjoyed the hobby (or even had time!) but I am slowly getting back into things for a couple reasons:

1) My boys are the age to start doing their own models and

2) I have a few kits, some started, some not, that I want to finish. A recent trip to the Museum of Flight inspired me (and the kids) to start building again. I have some pretty ambitious lists of cool planes I want to attempt. Many historic aircraft, some civilian, some military. Of course, the boys want to do fighter jets :D The one I'd love to do first is the Boeing 80A. A gorgeous airplane from the dawn of the airliner age!

Some works in progress:

One of my son's first planes, the F18 with son number 2's Blackbird yet to be started.

20160927_181239.thumb.jpg.de49f60302abeb

My work WIP... an odd subject and my first attempt at Bare Metal Foil and also using Pledge/Future for shine...looks pretty decent I figure!

20160927_181308.thumb.jpg.d8d6e28c4de67e

Another WIP. Another obsession of mine. This model I started over 20 years ago. The paint was horrible. I just finished repainting the hull completely and I'm starting to attack the rest. Yikes! What a kit this one is!20160927_181512.thumb.jpg.1e422ad983bd0b

And a few car kits to be done... 

20160927_181614.thumb.jpg.7d910f27e6c298

Thanks for looking! Hopefully I can keep updating with progress without boring everyone with my substandard skills! lol

Welcome Rob....!   I started building with my dad too...great memories of those days.  Now I have his old models and promos I am restoring.  Nice looking projects...me I am a automotive related builder mostly.

Thanks. Yeah I'm a car guy too but every once in a while, I used to find a subject that interested me and I'd go nuts lol. And of course, my boys are all about fighter jets right now...what 10 year kids can resist 'em!

Thanks. Yeah I'm a car guy too but every once in a while, I used to find a subject that interested me and I'd go nuts lol. And of course, my boys are all about fighter jets right now...what 10 year kids can resist 'em!

Rob...  LOL...I understand that one.  I also will find something strange or different that spikes my interest to build it....

cars...2door...4door...wagons..hearses..promos..curbsides,  vans...stock...custom...etc., Pickups, Big trucks, trailers, campers, speed/pleasure boats, motorcycles, lawn mowers, farm/construction related, show rods, some customs, dioramas, etc...enough huh..?...LOL..