Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dear fellow modellers,

This message is kind of a 'feeler'...

I was wondering... I want to clear out my collection of kits. I have way too many to be built any time soon (enough)... So, one of my options is to trade with you guys or an other option is thw interweb (like EBay etc).

Would any of you consider trading with someone from an other continent?

MG

I think it comes down to what the items are. If it involved something I could buy at the local hobby shop, the answer would be unlikely. Any savings in trading would be ate up in postage. If what you have to offer is unusual in the United States or expensive enough to warrant the shipping, I think it might be worth your while. The problem isn't your location but rather the shipping charges. I know I used to trade with folks from Canada all the time until shipping rates went up. At one time, I could ship to Canada for within a dollar of shipping in the United States. Now the costs are at least 50% more. It makes trading more difficult to financially justify unless its an item I really want. 

I think it comes down to what the items are. If it involved something I could buy at the local hobby shop, the answer would be unlikely. Any savings in trading would be ate up in postage. If what you have to offer is unusual in the United States or expensive enough to warrant the shipping, I think it might be worth your while. The problem isn't your location but rather the shipping charges. I know I used to trade with folks from Canada all the time until shipping rates went up. At one time, I could ship to Canada for within a dollar of shipping in the United States. Now the costs are at least 50% more. It makes trading more difficult to financially justify unless its an item I really want. 

The shipping... that's exactly my point. And also what hinders me in buying stuff from the USA, although I didn't have issues with shipping costs in the past...

I'll work on my list and put it up in a couple of days ...

Thanks guys!

MG