Model Cars Magazine Forum

Last of three on our trip to the Pacific Northwest

The last collection/museum stop of our trip.  This one, in my opinion, is the “Cream of the Crop”.  If you have heard of Speedway Motors and their sponsorship of GoodGuys or their parts catalog, then you are likely familiar with their museum.  If not, this is a collection that, in its niche, is up to par with either Lemay or Petersen. 

This museum mainly reflects racing, particularly Indy Cars and Outlaws, but also has a TON more.  It is located in Lincoln Nebraska and has limited weekday hours.  But, this is a MUST TOUR.  The docents are quite knowledgeable and take you on a tour of almost two hours through the collections.

The automotive items are overwhelming.  I took these photos for my archive to help in detailing future work.  I sure wish I had the photos of the Pontiac OHC six two years ago when I did the Revell Firebird as an OHC Sprint.  Anyway, may I share with you the photos I took and strongly encourage you to tour it if you are in the area.  You will not be disappointed.

29957052196_d14e50a3b8_b.jpg

Museum of American Speed Photo Album

Edited by Exotics_Builder