Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '48 Ford Convertible

GeeBee

Think about a beautiful model!!!

Don't want to be a pain Geoff, but the bonnet emblem is upside down. 

No problem, and thanks for pointing it out, you know, as soon as I'd put in one I knew something didn't look right, just couldn't put my finger on it, all sorted now

No problem, and thanks for pointing it out, you know, as soon as I'd put in one I knew something didn't look right, just couldn't put my finger on it, all sorted now

20170106_125356_zpsojmexz7z.jpg

Now we'r talking!!!

There on the upper part of the emblem, one can read Super DeLuxe, just above a number 8. 

If you don't want risk making a hole on the little chrome trim between the hood and the door, just leave the mirror out. The cars didn't come from the plant with outside mirrors. It was an accessory. 

Still wish the kit had trim rings tough.

Now we'r talking!!!

There on the upper part of the emblem, one can read Super DeLuxe, just above a number 8. 

If you don't want risk making a hole on the little chrome trim between the hood and the door, just leave the mirror out. The cars didn't come from the plant with outside mirrors. It was an accessory. 

So that will be left off then, I'm building the car as though it would be brand new and sitting in a dealers showroom, now one more question, would the rear number plate holder be fitted at the factory, or left off until the dealer fitted it ??

Having no mounting pins on a lot of the parts is a bit of a pain, but it's a 1998 kit, so I can forgive that, not the easiest kit I've built, but probably one of them most enjoyable, Just the wipers to do now

So that will be left off then, I'm building the car as though it would be brand new and sitting in a dealers showroom, now one more question, would the rear number plate holder be fitted at the factory, or left off until the dealer fitted it ??

Having no mounting pins on a lot of the parts is a bit of a pain, but it's a 1998 kit, so I can forgive that, not the easiest kit I've built, but probably one of them most enjoyable, Just the wipers to do now

20170106_191030_zpsbwlfavvc.jpg

The licence plate holder came from the factory. It was a simple "T" shaped steel structure where one would latter bolt the licence plate to. 

The same basic part as the one on the picture below.

001.jpg

Many dealers had their own plate bolted to the holder when the car was on showroom floor.

A good idea would be to use a simple Ford oval with the model year below for a brand new in the dealer car. 

On my builds I like to "pretend" the cars is mine, so I fit them all with current Brazilian plates, correct for my state and town.