Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little Red Wagon Build

Fifer

• 4 months later...

Looks nice.  Really like the color . And the 1/1  truck went thru several color variations thru the years

I know the opening doors pose a challenge , but its nice to see you nailed it just fine .

When I built mine many years ago, I managed to get the doors to work. Which is a nice feature of the kit , especially for the time period it was originally tooled up.  But sadly a few years back while dusting ,,,mine  took a nose dive off the shelf and the only way to repair it without a major overhaul was to glue the doors in permanently closed position.

A tip, when dusting pull them off the shelf ONE at a time, then after dusting said shelf put them back on the shelf ONE at a time. Trust me

I got her finished today. I had fun with it and the kit posed a few small challenges but it is now complete.

DSCN2344.jpg

DSCN2345.jpg

DSCN2346.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

DSCN2349.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2353.jpg

Thanks , Mike

Very nice build on that LRW Mike, as you did a great job. I've been lucky enough to see the LRW a few times at the drag strips, and I know the owner of the latest (?) LRW who has this in his collection..............................

Very nice build on that LRW Mike, as you did a great job. I've been lucky enough to see the LRW a few times at the drag strips, and I know the owner of the latest (?) LRW who has this in his collection..............................

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

Thanks so much and it is cool that you can touch a real wagon.

Mike

Looks nice.  Really like the color . And the 1/1  truck went thru several color variations thru the years

I know the opening doors pose a challenge , but its nice to see you nailed it just fine .

When I built mine many years ago, I managed to get the doors to work. Which is a nice feature of the kit , especially for the time period it was originally tooled up.  But sadly a few years back while dusting ,,,mine  took a nose dive off the shelf and the only way to repair it without a major overhaul was to glue the doors in permanently closed position.

A tip, when dusting pull them off the shelf ONE at a time, then after dusting said shelf put them back on the shelf ONE at a time. Trust me

Thanks , I found a product call Dust Dabber and it works well on almost anything.

Check it out by Woodland Scenics