Model Cars Magazine Forum

Australian 4964 western star

G'day fellas,

had a major burst of motivation over the last few days, and have been working hard on my rig. The bonnet and cab are now painted, and the interior is done. Sleeper is assembled and awaiting a coat of primer. Bull bar is out in the shed drying, as I just painted silver on it. More to come, stay tuned!

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Lads,

been a very busy few days, working hard at this and travelling around to all the hobby stores in close proximity looking for a prostar for the TAT build. Sorry for the poor pictures. I've finished the bonnet and bull bar, they are ready to be mounted on the truck, I'm making inroads with the cab, and I'm happy with the sleeper. I've added the mudflats on the back, and I'm just working on the aircleaners and exhausts at the moment. There will be another update soon, with better pictures and hopefully a near complete truck.

thanks guys.

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

Man, that is looking pretty cool.....That bull bar looks tough.....It's really coming along....Nice job....

Nice work Daniel...it looks good in green.

Yup x's 2 Nice work Daniel !

be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu

Nice work on your WS Daniel!

Question: Were the engines red on these?

I'm actually not sure if they were or not, I'm pretty sure they were the sandy colour cummins used before they changed to red. I made this one red because I liked it better than the sandy colour.

I'm actually not sure if they were or not, I'm pretty sure they were the sandy colour cummins used before they changed to red. I made this one red because I liked it better than the sandy colour.

Thanks Daniel,

There is nothing wrong painting it the color you like. 

I just wasn't sure if they were the sandy color.

Work continues! I feel like I'm running uphill sometimes, but it's getting there. The bonnet is now attached in its final resting place, the cab is also attached permanently to the chassis, however the sleeper is not yet. All is painted and decalled, so I'm on the home straight with this. Just little details to go, such as strobes and grab handles.

thanks for looking guys, and thanks for the kind words and comments, really helps keep me motivated on this.

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

• 1 month later...

Nice work on your WS Daniel!

Question: Were the engines red on these?

Nice work on the truck...it is looking good!!  If you think the fuel tanks on the model were tough to do, imagine what it was like on the line with the clock ticking!!

As far as engine color...they were installed as they came from the OEM supplier: Cummins (red, black, and tan - depending  on model), Detroit Diesel (green/aqua), Caterpillar (yellow), Mercedes (after Frieghtliner bought WST - silver).

Edited by dieseldog1970

Nice work on the truck...it is looking good!!  If you think the fuel tanks on the model were tough to do, imagine what it was like on the line with the clock ticking!!

As far as engine color...they were installed as they came from the OEM supplier: Cummins (red, black, and tan - depending  on model), Detroit Diesel (green/aqua), Caterpillar (yellow), Mercedes (after Frieghtliner bought WST - silver).

wow, thanks for the information, I'll definitely save that for next time.

it would've been hectic on the line with time against you.