Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glue Bomb Great Dane **Finished**

I bought this glue bomb 40' great dane reefer trailer at a show a couple years ago. It has sat on a box ever since, waiting to find a purpose. I was so pleased with how the ribbed sides and HVAC tape looked on my scratchbuilt trailer, I decided to rebuild this one and give it the same treatment.

I broke it mostly apart and cut the bottom rails off of the sides. I used smooth styrene sheet to make a faux side that the ribbed styrene will be glued to. Here is a ribbed side mocked up.

DSCF7249_zpswbptzzte.jpg

I accidentally broke the kit roof into pieces while trying to get the trailer apart, so I will have to scratch build that. More to come soon.

Edited by KJ790

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Pat, for the exhaust soot on the corners I just lightly airbrush some black paint on the corners and down each corner of the roof a bit. I have found that it is really easy to over-do it though. It seems like less is more for that technique.

Thanks guys! Pat, for the exhaust soot on the corners I just lightly airbrush some black paint on the corners and down each corner of the roof a bit. I have found that it is really easy to over-do it though. It seems like less is more for that technique.

Thank you,sir.

Pat.