Model Cars Magazine Forum

The NNL Nats Cult Theme! Every model photographed and builders identified...

tim boyd

Separate and apart from my NNL Nats coverage also posted here, I placed each and every entry in the NNL Nats Cult Theme in this separate folder ....

The "Cult Theme" for the 2016 NNL Nationals #37 was "three and five window coupes", identified as 1920's to 1954 model year cars, be they traditional hot rods, gassers, restored stock, customs, or anything else builders wished to entered. The only restriction is that they be 1/24th or 1/25th scale.

Fifty-five models entered makes this the second-largest NNL Cult Theme ever, and considering the relatively restricted subject matter, arguably tied with last year's "Traditional Hot Rods" as the most successful Cult Themes ever.

I want to thank John White and Craig Sobczak, who both brought many models with innovative build themes and executions. And an equally big "THANKS" to each and every person who brought a model for the Cult Theme table.

I attempted to photograph each and every one of the 55 models, as well as identify the builders. Here's the full coverage, with 1-3 or more pictures of each model, starting with Craig Sobczak's '32 Five Window Gasser pictured below.  Thanks for looking....TIM DSC 0960

Edited by tim boyd