Model Cars Magazine Forum

'37 ford panel delivery

You've got some nice work there Paolo. For what it's worth you may want to change the Battery from the 6 volt you have to a 12 volt goven all the upgrades.

thanks ed,the detail of the battery is useful, not knowing very deeply the model I did not think it was still 6 volts. Now the model is complete, and I really do not feel up to unglue the battery, which is in a point very visible, to change it, but it's a detail to keep in mind about upcoming models!

So probably I had beginner's luck, because I think I've got a good result ... I'd love to know what you think when I'll post the photos of the finished work

See you soon

Paolo, you have obviously forgotten everything you knew about custom building models.  25 yrs is a long time .  May I suggest a,Snap kit to get you back into the hobby?  

Don't need to wait for finished pics to see this is gonna be spectacular!

it's now time for some color also on the body. pictures are not the best,however it's simply flat black from a jerry can:

in the third picture you can see the simple hinges that i 've made for the back door with some wire,i want it to stay only open to show the interior.

i have no pictures,but originally were two separate doors that I modified as a single rear door with one window;I lined the inside with the usual colored purple fabric,closed the handle and plate holder holes and then install the handle on the left side. likewise I lined the inside of the rear part of the body.

I then covered the cargo floor with the slip sheet and cut out the partition window

also of this step i don't have pictures,but i modified the front grille for lower it a bit,and i mounted the original headlight as low as possible;radiator and an electric fan  completes the front unit,this is the result already painted and rusted.

rusted also the body,and mounted back door,handles,rear lights,tank cap,mirror and plate holder behind the left wheel;i've scratchbuilded a crucifix(it says so?) from sprue and i've installed it on back roof top.

the windshield is the original cutted in the low part,don't fit perfect but i'm satisfied of it.

the rusting of the body takes me three attempts,and in any case it did not come as I had in mind,but I think it is due to the base black;before this I made two other models with rusty bodywork, one blue and one green, and I got  most convincing results ... on black instead I could not do any washing and this makes him lose a bit of realism I think...however i used the salt technique and then sanded with steel wool.

the mufflers are made from plastic round tube glued on a rectangular base that imitates the fixing plate on the head,a very simple setup.

here the finished product:

the coffin is made of wood with another sprue cross over(i've made it because i have in mind a little simple diorama...we'll see...).

defects: the windshield that don't fit perfect

the shape of the right pillar 

the filling of the spare wheel compartment isn't perfect,you can see the round line left

I FORGOT TO FIT THE TUBES OF THE RADIATOR !!

some unrealistic technical solutions

tell me if you see others!

however,at the end i'm very proud of the result,at the beginning i had an imagine in my mind of the result i wanted to get, and I got closer than I thought, so this makes me happy of my work!

soon I will make some better pictures outdoors and put in the under glass section;I would like to thank you all and know what you think, any comment or critique will serve to do better on the next project!

cheers,paolo.

• 4 weeks later...