Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferguson Tractor from Heller

Cool. I need to get a few of these, partly because I'm a tractor nut, but also because I want to convert one into an N series Ford. That'll take some work to do, but the basics are there already.

I was thinking the same thing, turning it into an 8N. What are the major differences other than the engine and the color of the wheels?

The brake and clutch pedals are different, the 8N has foot rest platforms under the pedals, grille, Ford script on the hood sides, Ford script on insides of rear fenders depending on year, Radiator cap and filler coming through the hood, battery/fuel tank access door on hood.

Fortunately, there's lots of good research material out there for the N tractors. In my case, I also have a 1:1 '48 8N sitting 1/2 apart in my garage.

The brake and clutch pedals are different, the 8N has foot rest platforms under the pedals, grille, Ford script on the hood sides, Ford script on insides of rear fenders depending on year, Radiator cap and filler coming through the hood, battery/fuel tank access door on hood.

Fortunately, there's lots of good research material out there for the N tractors. In my case, I also have a 1:1 '48 8N sitting 1/2 apart in my garage.

Bill we had a couple at our house when I was a kid that dad rebuilt for his friend and a Scout camp. He had them both split in half for a short time. 

Looking forward to this one...I ordered mine along w/ the Talbot Lago race car from Heller's site a few days ago.  I've ordered from them direct before w/ no problems (got the Citroen HY van and Mehari last year).

Edited by Rob Hall

Looking forward to this one...I ordered mine along w/ the Talbot Lago race car from Heller's site a few days ago.  I've ordered from them direct before w/ no problems (got the Citroen HY van and Mehari last year).

Thank you.

Out of idle curiosity (and not that it really matters), what was the shipping timeframe?

Edited by BigTallDad

I have a badly warped original of this tractor....been wanting a couple for some time now...I dig tractor kits.

me too Mark.mine is on its way now.I sure hope its a good kit.what years does it represent? thank you...Chris. 

Edited by Nova-ss
spelling