Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966-'77 Ford Bronco

I could see a modified reissue with the half cab included, some custom (13", yeah! <_<) wheels, a light bar, and a few other small changes, but I get the feeling the original stock version was meant to provide the bulk of the profits.

001.jpg

I guess we'll see how well this original version sells/is selling (I suspect very well). Perhaps there will only be this version, and no future modified reissues.

I've seen a seller on ebay offering the half cab and he's sold out of them pretty quickly!!

Question on shifters: Been working on my kit and came across a step I'm a little confused with. The steering column has a shifter on it and then there is a shifter for the floor. Is the kit 'three on the tree' with a floor selector or should the clutch pedal be removed and make this an automatic with floor selector.

I'm sorry that I didn't know the hubs locks were not Spicer, Hey the closet I got to 4wd was a Jeep that I was allowed to use my brothers CJ 5

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttwfqkfbwfbswgxwbfrddsrftbss,vi/bsfsskdbqxbsbqfkqtdxbskdqqwdg/8/3457628/13265735/P1040594-vi.jpgP1040594-vi.jpg

just test fitting items and color is Tamiya blue air brushed on, Sorry guys just can't keep light bars off my models:rolleyes:

greg

Question on shifters: Been working on my kit and came across a step I'm a little confused with. The steering column has a shifter on it and then there is a shifter for the floor. Is the kit 'three on the tree' with a floor selector or should the clutch pedal be removed and make this an automatic with floor selector.

I'm sorry that I didn't know the hubs locks were not Spicer, Hey the closet I got to 4wd was a Jeep that I was allowed to use my brothers CJ 5

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttwfqkfbwfbswgxwbfrddsrftbss,vi/bsfsskdbqxbsbqfkqtdxbskdqqwdg/8/3457628/13265735/P1040594-vi.jpgP1040594-vi.jpg

just test fitting items and color is Tamiya blue air brushed on, Sorry guys just can't keep light bars off my models:rolleyes:

greg

Greg,

The column shifter is correct for this model as it depicts the 3 speed manual. The floor shifter you see is for the 4wd system. If the vehicle had an automatic it would have been column shifted like the manual.

Nice looking model, I need to get busy on my Broncos!

Shame about the size error on these wheels... but you gotta admit revell's engraving beats this other one hollow ...

maybe a guy could slide the revell center into the other one.

P1018256_zps9i5btwlm.jpg

...in fact, they are doing some fantastic engraving on accurate Ford stuff like the 9 inch diff and the engine parts; well worth using on other projects as well. Haven't yet done any measurement comparisons on the 1:1 302 I have here on a stand, but it looks like the engine builds up well. Still needs minor tweaks, though. Found this pic of a dude modelling the extremely rare side-inlet 2100 carb ^_^

mike

73brnc302 (2).jpg

Edited by mk11

Just signed up, have built a few models over the years, but very excited over this one.  Used to own a 69 Bronco and a 73 after I got out of the service.  Love to see a half cab and front and rear flares, may try to graft front fender openings onto rear (popular w/ 1:1 Broncos) but would probably build the 1st one stock. 

Edited by Westbound
Typo

I haven't seen this mentioned here, but having worked in the service department of a Ford dealer from 1965 - 1972, I can assure you that the exhaust system on all Broncos of this era was a single exhaust pipe and muffler, not the dual exhaust with "Cherry Bomb" style mufflers.  Granted they rusted out within 18 months, but duals were never a factory option. The 289/302 engines were also low performance 2 bbl engines.  These were very peppy with the right axle ratios intended for off-roading.  Another thing is that these vehicles road like buckboards with any tire but the standard size passenger car style tread.  The optional mud/snow tires were hard as a rock on pavement, something the heavier pickups of this era reduced.

So I wonder if a resin single exhaust crossover pipe would be welcomed?

I could see a modified reissue with the half cab included, some custom (13", yeah! <_<) wheels, a light bar, and a few other small changes, but I get the feeling the original stock version was meant to provide the bulk of the profits.

001.jpg

I guess we'll see how well this original version sells/is selling (I suspect very well). Perhaps there will only be this version, and no future modified reissues.

I happen to know a guy that's selling the half-cab. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the kit review section, check out the Workbench section for builds 

Wow !  That was fast !  Very Cool, Half cab, fender flares, and door inserts... now if the economy would pick up, maybe can enjoy building a 1/25 scale Bronco !  Currently only have a Jonny Lightening Diecast on my office shelf...

I only saw a resin half cab, 2 pieces, no mention of flares or other pieces.

The half cab was $16, plus $4 shipping, or basically the same price as a complete kit, because Tower Hobbies has this kit for $19.95 with free shipping. 

I think I will wait to see if Revell tools up a half cab or for that matter, I can probably create my own half cab for less than $20.