Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966-'77 Ford Bronco

Sweet! A bit bummed by the lack of poseable front wheels, but otherwise I do like the amount of detail in the kit. Two things I noticed:

1) At the end, they credit Jeff's Bronco Graveyard for their help on the project, not sure if they've done something like that in the past

2) The kit is meant to resemble either a 1971 or 1973 Bronco, based on the aircleaner part of the assembly.

Revell already posted a link to the instruction sheet on their site.

Instruction sheet

Thanks for the link, Luc.  Revell has been working on this project for several years.  At least based on the instruction sheet, it would certainly appear that they've done their homework.  Can't wait to see the first one that's been painted and assembled; that will give us a much clearer read ...TIM 

Awesome! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to grab a couple of them! 

Just a couple? I'm thinking the same thing. A couple, or maybe six. Looks really good in the instructions. I'll be picking up one as soon as they're available. I can already see all the changes I'm gonna make to one.

David

Hopefully Revell either releases a version in the future with the wheel flares (and a template for cutting the rear fenders), or a resincaster creates some to sell. I would love to be able to build a stock version with intact rear fenders, and an off-road version with the full openings.

I do see one Minor typo in there

The Arm rests for the rear bench seat are called out reversed

The assembly for the right side is called Left, etc

It will be easy to correct in building.

Just look at the angle of the lower mount to see which side it mounts to!!!

I too HOPE I can get one, (or more) of this kit

Would those tires be made to accept the rim from either side? The tread pattern appears to be good looking, but the graphics are very inconsistent in which direction the tire would roll. Are those tires unidirectional? The big image on the front page even has the front tires roll opposite directions. 

Now, I love this release just as much as anyone else on here, and I'm at the ready with my wallet open just waiting for the release. But the wheels of a Bronco is a fairly prominent visual feature and once I saw it, it couldn't be unseen. No big deal really. Just odd.

I believe they are 15" wheels and tires. I looked at the 1971 brochure, and it said the Bronco Custom Package had 15" wheels and wheel Covers.

You're right, the '66 came standard with 15" wheels/tires, with 16" being optional.

Interesting that Revell is (intentionally?) being coy with the model year, though they do mention production ran from '66-'77 on the instruction sheet.

You're right, the '66 came standard with 15" wheels/tires, with 16" being optional.

Interesting that Revell is (intentionally?) being coy with the model year, though they do mention production ran from '66-'77 on the instruction sheet.

Check the instructions at the step where the air cleaner is added, they show two configurations and specifically call out one as for a '71 and one for a '73.

Stop at the local hobby shop today  , they got it in.

IMG_1650.JPG

A good way to get a bunch of us all excited around here is say something like "I stopped at the local hobby shop and they got the Bronco in" and then not show us what is inside the box!

Hopefully that means the online retailers will be shipping pre-orders soon.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎19 at 9:11 PM, kelson said:

That looks good!took me a second to realize that picture was taken here in Kamloops.

Was wondering if you were going to comment on that ^_^  Saw it when I was out in july. Here's the other end...

P1017676

mike

Edited by mk11