Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Okay. After reading the above article, what's the big deal behind a Yenko Corvette? This just sound like a regular Corvette you could have gotten through any other Chevy dealer at the time. It was not a specially modified, Yenko SC car, like their special Camaros, Novas, or Chevelles. Or Corvairs and Vegas for that matter. It's just a regular Corvette sold through Yenko Chevrolet. So is a Caprice, or for that matter, a Chevette sold through Yenko Chevrolet any more special or collectible as one sold at another dealer? This does not seem like a big deal to me. What am I missing?

You are missing nothing. You have demonstrated an excellent grasp of the situation. Well done! B)

The 'Vette guys are like the Mopar guys in that they've got to find something, anything, that makes their particular car a "one of one", the "first" or last" of something, or something however minor that differentiates their car from the 99 others in the same color with the same options.  If it's a regular 'Vette that happened to pass through the Yenko dealership, that'll be enough for some of them, especially if their car is crossing the auction block anytime soon.

The 'Vette guys are like the Mopar guys in that they've got to find something, anything, that makes their particular car a "one of one", the "first" or last" of something, or something however minor that differentiates their car from the 99 others in the same color with the same options.  If it's a regular 'Vette that happened to pass through the Yenko dealership, that'll be enough for some of them, especially if their car is crossing the auction block anytime soon.

Yeah, I wondered how much those Yenko badges (and presumably documented provenance) would add to that Vette's auction price--$10K, $20K, more?

Hi Guy's just got an Email from Mr Ed Sexton ,he told me that Revell will be  doing more Tom Daniel & Dave Deal kit in 2017.

About the only Tom Daniel car I'd be interested in would be his (personal) custom Corvette. I think I could dial the restyling back from Eleven to about Eight and make a sharp-looking custom Vette out of it.

Good news. I'm hoping they'll look at reissuing the Poison Pinto and the Mean Maverick. Two kits I want real bad. Most everything else of Tom Daniel kits I've wanted over the years has been reissued, and I've purchased. The Poison Pinto (the original green version) and the Mean Maverick are two that I'm missing that I had as a kid. And I would love to have them both again.

Not a car, but I'm hoping for a re-issue of the X-87 Flapjack. I always wanted one of these as a kid, but never got one. It would go well with the Fundecker Fokker they reissued this year.

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Lemke'sFlapJackPage.htm

Not high on my wanted list. But, I always thought the Flapjack was cool. And if they reissued it, I buy one. The other one I'd like to see, that I don't think Tom Daniel actually designed, but it was tied to him at the time, is the Ghost of the Red Baron. I know it didn't sell well in its first release. But, those who would mainly be in charge of buying such an expensive kit back then, has changed in 45 years. I know I couldn't afford to buy it back then. And my parents or other adults may not have thought of it as be "cool" or appropriate to buy me one as a gift. I want one! Now I have the money and no one questioning if it's right for me to have one or not.

Not high on my wanted list. But, I always thought the Flapjack was cool. And if they reissued it, I buy one. The other one I'd like to see, that I don't think Tom Daniel actually designed, but it was tied to him at the time, is the Ghost of the Red Baron. I know it didn't sell well in its first release. But, those who would mainly be in charge of buying such an expensive kit back then, has changed in 45 years. I know I couldn't afford to buy it back then. And my parents or other adults may not have thought of it as be "cool" or appropriate to buy me one as a gift. I want one! Now I have the money and no one questioning if it's right for me to have one or not.

Sorry to bust you bubble but Tom Daniel did  Design the Ghost of the red baron ! it tights in with the surfing scenes back in the 60's. But yes it would be cool to see it come back out.

Edited by Mr mopar

Dat 78' Mazda RX7... NUFF SAID! When's the street date? 

My dad built one back in the day but its in pieces and Ebay prices are completely insane.

Normally, I only buy one new kit because of current SRPs, but this is an exception as I will get 3 of them one to keep mint in case the value shoots up again.

They and Round 2 are killing it with the rereleases of the 70s era Japanese cars. I hope we get some of the later stuff like the MPC 82 Toyota Celica and the AMT Datsun 280zx turbo from R2. Revell should bring back out the snapper Acura NSX and the really nice Mazda Miata w/ engine (both are going for real crazy dough on the 'bay). While at it, they should also repop the 99 Honda Civic hatchback and 93' Civic coupe under the F&F moniker.

Edited by RickRollerLT1

The BM Corvette was last seen as the California Wheels Corvette coupe, and had almost all the BM parts with a few extras, but with exception of the goodyear tires (mags were still on the tree though) and decals. I suspect this will be a 2 in 1 repop of the Cali Wheels but with the correct wheels + tires and decals restored for Baldwin Motion car.

Dat 78' Mazda RX7... NUFF SAID! When's the street date? 

My dad built one back in the day but its in pieces and Ebay prices are completely insane.

Normally, I only buy one new kit because of current SRPs, but this is an exception as I will get 3 of them one to keep mint in case the value shoots up again.

They and Round 2 are killing it with the rereleases of the 70s era Japanese cars. I hope we get some of the later stuff like the MPC 82 Toyota Celica and the AMT Datsun 280zx turbo from R2. Revell should bring back out the snapper Acura NSX and the really nice Mazda Miata w/ engine (both are going for real crazy dough on the 'bay). While at it, they should also repop the 99 Honda Civic hatchback and 93' Civic coupe under the F&F moniker.

those F&F kit were released just recently and should be on your hobby shop shelves. I was in one of ours yesterday and they had multiples of most of them, in fact the Honda si.coupe and the Integra type R are still on the list of current kits.

those F&F kit were released just recently and should be on your hobby shop shelves. I was in one of ours yesterday and they had multiples of most of them, in fact the Honda si.coupe and the Integra type R are still on the list of current kits.

The Civic reissued recently isn't the one he's talking about, there are two Civic coupe kits.

Revell has a link to instructions of the nsx under the fast and furious line. But no other info on it. 

http://manuals.hobbico.com/rmx/85-4303.pdf

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!!

Is there any other information regarding this kit? I saw a 2015 copyright, so I hope it wasn't something that got canceled, or maybe they're pushing it to a different date. Hopefully, the Mazda Miata, 93 Civic and Civic hatchback aren't too far from being announced.

Edited by RickRollerLT1

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!!

Is there any other information regarding this kit? I saw a 2015 copyright, so I hope it wasn't something that got canceled, or maybe they're pushing it to a different date. Hopefully, the Mazda Miata, 93 Civic and Civic hatchback aren't too far from being announced.

This

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/february/first-looks/revell_acura.htm

I'm still scratching my head as to why they leaked instructions for a kit that seemed to be never released. Anyone know Ed Saxtons email address? He would be the one to know if the NSX is still planning to be released, but bits got leaked early, or was planned but somehow canceled.

Edited by RickRollerLT1

I'm still scratching my head as to why they leaked instructions for a kit that seemed to be never released. Anyone know Ed Saxtons email address? He would be the one to know if the NSX is still planning to be released, but bits got leaked early, or was planned but somehow canceled.

The instructions were not "leaked".  Per Revell, they looked into reissuing it and then decided not to and cancelled the reissue. 

The instructions were not "leaked".  Per Revell, they looked into reissuing it and then decided not to and cancelled the reissue. 

Bummer :( Looks like the sky high ebay prices will rule once again.

At least the RX7 is still happening, so far.

Edited by RickRollerLT1