Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Not a car, but I'm hoping for a re-issue of the X-87 Flapjack. I always wanted one of these as a kid, but never got one. It would go well with the Fundecker Fokker they reissued this year.

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Lemke'sFlapJackPage.htm

I have a Flap Jack, but sadly, it is incomplete and it would be nice to have new one! Another Daniel's kit I would like to see would be the Unreal Roller and for a Deal's kit, I would really like the Super Spurt Chevelle Funny Car. 

Or you can get Tamiya's Acura NSX kit.

Have two of them, but the Revell one holds a place in my heart as its one of the 1st builds at a time when my skills were starting to improve. I got the 1999 issue at Daves Hobby in Freeport as it was the only place I ever saw one there (at the time). After moving around and such, its in pieces but is almost complete for a resto as i'm missing the suspension and dashboard.

The last two Revell full detail Acura NSX kits on eBay were both factory sealed. One sold for $5.99 and the other $12.00.

That may have been a few years ago, recently I saw one selling for $50 sealed and the original 1992 snap-tite issue was $40 from ModelCarMountian, yet I paid abour $20 for mine at Daves back almost 10 years ago.

Have two of them, but the Revell one holds a place in my heart as its one of the 1st builds at a time when my skills were starting to improve. I got the 1999 issue at Daves Hobby in Freeport as it was the only place I ever saw one there (at the time). After moving around and such, its in pieces but is almost complete for a resto as i'm missing the suspension and dashboard.

Fair enough.

Pretty sure the change over to boxing the 90s kits into the AMT line came over the summer when Round2 did that big revamping of the Lindberg Line logos and marketing.  The 4-4-2 came out five months ago at this point, side note - MAN has this year flown by...Similar to the way the changeover to Cartograph decal just randomly occurred in February with the Aero Chief reissue.  Round2 doesn't seem to work within the normal confines of space-time, but being that they're 98% reissues - they don't really have the same product development times as other people.  The 4-4-2 came out five months ago at this point, side note - MAN has this year flown by...

Edited by niteowl7710

Your comments about the Aoshima first generation RX-7 are absolutely correct - the body is shaped nicely for some of the first gen racers, but the interior is very shallow to accommodate the battery pack since the kit was motorized.  I've yet to get my hands on the Fujimi version, but like you, I think it is the same. 

As for the Tamiya kit, it is 1/24, and was released as both a Series I (SA, molded in green) and Series III (FB, molded in white) first Generation RX-7.  The SA version included "waffle" wheels, like the Monogram kit and the FB included the bizarre rotor shaped wheels that were a Japanese market only item.  The SA & FB nomenclature refers to the beginning two digits of the VIN's.  Both of the Tamiya releases are as scarce as hen's teeth now.  I have both of the Tamiya kits and have compared them to the Monogram kit - the wheel wells line up exactly.  The Monogram kit builds into a series II first generation RX-7, US spec, with left hand drive and a beautiful little rotary engine.  I'm happy to see this kit come out again.  Of course, I'm a bit biased. :)

The page for RX-7 kit information ... right here Erix's page is full of great information about these and other RX-7 kits.

Well, I'll be - I stand corrected.  I dug out the Monogram kit last night and compared it to the Tamiya kit.  Yep, both are marketed as 1/24.  And, the wheel wells do pretty well line up.  BUT....the Monogram kit is a tad short when viewed from the side.  And the roof is a tad smaller, and it appears to actually be 1/25 for the most part.  But, I'll still buy one or two or three or ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rmx4411.jpg

Looks like the "Yenko" Corvette is based on this car: https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0116-229815/1969-chevrolet-corvette-coupe/  (Same car in the article linked on the first page, my bad for skimming over the thread!) Heck, they're paying for the Yenko license they might as well use it whenever they can.  The low hood, IIRC, was only in the very first issue. Reissues have all either had the L-88/ZL-1 or Baldwin-Motion hoods.  And another IIRC  is only the first issue had the smooth rockers and tailpipes, reissues have all had the sidepipes.  So looks like a restoration of the original issue with a new luggage rack.  i have several 68 & 69 Vettes but none of mine have the low hood, and I need a luggage rack for a B-M replica I have planned so I'm kinda stoked for this.  But I'm sure to most folks it's "just another Vette".  

Edited by Brett Barrow

I hope the RX7 doesn't get canceled. I've been haunting eBay off and on for the last couple years looking for good deals on the Monogram European exotics kits. So far I've got 3 of the Porsche 911s, a 924, and a Mercedes SL. I just won a bid on another 911 and another 924 and almost got the TR7 and the 280Z. Maybe next time. These aren't detailed kits, but they are fun kits and for the most part they are well proportioned and designed. Somewhere on this site I posted a letter from the guy in charge of this line of kits. It was fun learning about them!

I think  you'll see an announcement within 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.....and I think it will have some cool stuff too......TIM  

You THINK or you KNOW?

The Suburban that was on Revell's website for a March release evaporated and now is showing up as June...

Because at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped the 2Q entirely, and went straight to the 3rd Quarter (probably announcing at NNL East) since most of the 1Q stuff has slid right out into April and May, and the 2Q starts in 12 days.  They skipped the 4Q back in 2015, so it's not like it's not happened in the recent past. 

Edited by niteowl7710

I hope the RX7 doesn't get canceled. I've been haunting eBay off and on for the last couple years looking for good deals on the Monogram European exotics kits. So far I've got 3 of the Porsche 911s, a 924, and a Mercedes SL. I just won a bid on another 911 and another 924 and almost got the TR7 and the 280Z. Maybe next time. These aren't detailed kits, but they are fun kits and for the most part they are well proportioned and designed. Somewhere on this site I posted a letter from the guy in charge of this line of kits. It was fun learning about them!

Deep breaths, everything in the 1Q is late for whatever reason.

xWBUwUtSIGA.jpg

You THINK or you KNOW?

The Suburban that was on Revell's website for a March release evaporated and now is showing up as June...

Because at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped the 2Q entirely, and went straight to the 3rd Quarter (probably announcing at NNL East) since most of the 1Q stuff has slid right out into April and May, and the 2Q starts in 12 days.  They skipped the 4Q back in 2015, so it's not like it's not happened in the recent past. 

James, I don't work for Revell so it is safe to say that I do not know.  It's a guess.   Time will tell.   TIM

Doug Spencer, you nailed that. Whoever green lighted that needs to go back to the mailroom. With all the great work Round2 is doing on the Artwork front, Revell needs to step it up. Boxart like the '29 or '30 Fords would have been better IMHO.