Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Here are a few future releases I found listed on Stevens Int'l's 'site:

1. 85-1269  - 1/25 Revell Anglia Drag Coupe (SSP). H-1269 was the original kit number for the "Skipper's Critter" version, so I'm guessing we'll see retro box art for this one.
  2. 85-4409 -1/25  '66 Chevy Suburban Custom Truck (new tool)
  3. 85-4411 - 1/25 '69 Yenko Corvette Coupe
  4. 85-4426 - 1/25 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck - Foose Design (new tool)
  5. 85-4429 - 1/24 1978 Mazda RX-7 2'n1 

If the Anglia is an SSP deal, maybe they'll put the original Ansen mag wheels back in.  If so, they'll probably issue the Thames panel again soon.

I've got the recent Yenko book, and I don't recall seeing any '69 Corvettes in it.  Maybe they're issuing the Camaro yet again?

Revell made a trip to the GM Heritage Design Collection in Warren, MI, a couple of years ago to scale the Suburban, so unless someone knows the specific truck in that collection, my guess would be that the vehicle will wear factory stock equipment, perhaps followed later by a more street-machine orientation.  

But this is just 100% speculation on my part.  I would imagine will see the Revell quarterly flier with an image very shortly now. which will probably provide more visual info.   TB  

Edited by tim boyd

Can't wait to see what the Suburban look like. First the Bronco, then the Suburban.. What other new classic truck kits can we expect in the near future.

The only reference I can find to a Yenko Corvette is this http://www.superchevy.com/features/corp-1004-1969-chevrolet-corvette/. Nothing  different visually from a normal 427 Vette, other than the Yenko badge between the tail lights. 

It would be nice if Revell did Baldwin Motion Phase III GT Corvette with the clear headlight covers.

Perhaps, but it would be more preferable to have it be a 4WD since you could use parts from the '64/'65 pickups to make it a 2WD, and vice versa.

Agreed, but I would imagine one of the reasons we are seeing this kit is that there was minimal tooling costs. Body, chassis, interior and glass is all they needed- running gear and suspension pieces, bumpers and hood were already done. Be interesting to see if they do a panel delivery or a surf wagon next!

I suspect either calling it a "Yenko" is a flat-out mistake, OR they figure they're already paying a Yenko license so they'll just call the old B-M a Yenko.

Or as Jesse hinted at, this, based on the Owens-Corning/Rebel Racer:

68-dx-2_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Edited by Casey

'69 Yenko Corvette? I've never heard of any such particular thing. Wonder if it's the former Baldwin-Motion '69 Corvette. If so, I'll get another one. Love that '67 hood scoop on the Shark body!

Probably.  Yenko sold a lot of Vettes, and they did not even have to order the engine as a COPO.  Yenko did do some documented things to some cars like adding the Motion hood, sidepipes, and all that.  You would usually even see the Yenko dealer emblem somewhere on the car.  Unfortunately, they never did a special stripe package or anything like that.

The Yenko Corvette if based off the yellow one Mike posted is the biggest no brainer cheap use of a licensing I've seen - and that's a good thing.

They already have a regular (non B/M) '69 Corvette (the one that was famously a 429 in the first boxing) kit that they just need to add a couple of decals to, and *POOF* new kit.

This is how Suburbans are supposed to look.

EDIT: It is MY opinion that Suburbans should have four doors and long wheelbases.  This is a modified image.  I added the rear doors and adjusted the wheelbase.

66 suburban.jpg

Edited by RomanII