Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Deep breaths, everything in the 1Q is late for whatever reason.

xWBUwUtSIGA.jpg

Funny, I have the Monogram issue of the RX-7. Bought it last fall at the Farm toy show here in Van Wert for $10.00 It was started  the old silver paint job was wore so It got a new coat of silver, and finished the build.

DSC01538.JPG

DSC01537.JPG

Edited by ranma

It seems to me, Revell is doing the best they can. The 57 black widow was screwed up by the Chinese, and the mold was broken for the 31 Coupe. I think we need to use as much patience in waiting for those new releases as we use in building them.

It seems to me, Revell is doing the best they can. The 57 black widow was screwed up by the Chinese, and the mold was broken for the 31 Coupe. I think we need to use as much patience in waiting for those new releases as we use in building them.

Didn't Revell get ANY advanced copies of the '57 Black Widow and notice the wrong body side inserts were run?  It wouldn't fix the problem with the existing kits, but at least they could have stopped them from shipping them over, distributing them, and then recalling them.

Revell's got a limited budget as it is, fixing the 'Model A tool, and then having to re-run the B.W. with all of the various shipping costs/vendor credits involved with the recall has to be slurping up all the "petty cash" as it were.  Hobbico is in no position to give Revell more cash as their too busy getting a rectal exam from the Department of Labor over failing to pay off their ESOP, and paying lawyers to fend off the patent infringement lawsuits from Traxxas.

Didn't Revell get ANY advanced copies of the '57 Black Widow and notice the wrong body side inserts were run?  It wouldn't fix the problem with the existing kits, but at least they could have stopped them from shipping them over, distributing them, and then recalling them.

Perhaps they only do that for new tooling? Being a reissue, there should be no problems to check. Assuming, of course, they grab the correct number tool.

Revell's got a limited budget as it is, fixing the 'Model A tool, and then having to re-run the B.W. with all of the various shipping costs/vendor credits involved with the recall has to be slurping up all the "petty cash" as it were.  Hobbico is in no position to give Revell more cash as their too busy getting a rectal exam from the Department of Labor over failing to pay off their ESOP, and paying lawyers to fend off the patent infringement lawsuits from Traxxas.

Don't forget the hideously warped Ramcharger bodies that many people were getting in the most recent reissue (molded in 'Merica, no less).

Even if the molding plant eats the cost of producing the replacement bodies, I suspect Revell/Hobbico must still be on the hook for at least some of the other ancillary costs, such as the customer service staff time and shipping.

I've got the AMT RX-7 kit, it's a snap version and 1/25, but I really want the Monogram to go with all my other 70s Monogram Exotics.

I've built the 911 and the 308, and have the 924 to do. I'll probably get one of these RX-7s just to display with them.

Perhaps they only do that for new tooling? Being a reissue, there should be no problems to check. Assuming, of course, they grab the correct number tool.

Ya know that's always a possibility, but I would have figured a few press kits would have come over in advance if nothing else.  It has been 8 years since the last time the kit was out, so an entire "decade" of retail buyers have no idea what's in this kit, plus some of the online review sites like Kitmaker Network didn't even exist 8 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Instructions for the <air quotes> Yenko </air quotes> 69 Corvette are up on Revell's site.  Looks like all the parts (hood, side pipes, 5-spoke wheels) from the Baldwin Motion version are in there as a 2nd building option, plus a the L-88 intake and air cleaner and ZL1-style stripe decals.  Pretty much an L-88 hood away from a 3-in-1 that could build just about any big-block 69. 

Edited by Brett Barrow

Instructions for the <air quotes> Yenko </air quotes> 69 Corvette are up on Revell's site.  Looks like all the parts (hood, side pipes, 5-spoke wheels) from the Baldwin Motion version are in there as a 2nd building option, plus a the L-88 intake and air cleaner and ZL1-style stripe decals.  Pretty much an L-88 hood away from a 3-in-1 that could build just about any big-block 69. 

There's shooting yourself in the foot to save a nickel's worth of plastic. 

There's shooting yourself in the foot to save a nickel's worth of plastic. 

Meh, not really. The only 69 coupe that had the L-88 hood was the last issue, the 2005 California Wheels version. It's been a lot longer since we got the standard big block hood and I don't think it's ever been molded in white. Pretty sure very boxing of the 68 Convertible has the L-88 hood. It would have been nice since no kit that's come with the ZL1 stripe ever had the parts to build the 1 known ZL1 coupe though. I'm more bummed it doesn't have the street machine parts from the 68 vert 2 in 1 (blower & small-block hood). It's also possible they goofed and drew the Baldwin Motion hood and it's actually the L88 they do show the seal for the cowl induction being installed and I'm not even sure you can on the BM hood. 

I think  you'll see an announcement within 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.....and I think it will have some cool stuff too......TIM  

So, looks like I have to give you this one now, the new NASCAR glue kits look very cool, and it would be a very big understatment that I am excited.

( Ok blunc aka Mike Cassidy, I did it, just like I told you I would:lol:)

Edited by martinfan5

So, looks like I have to give you this one now, the new NASCAR glue kits look very cool, and it would be a very big understatment that I am excited.

( Ok blunc aka Mike Cassidy, I did it, just like I told you I would:lol:)

Jonathon....thanks.  I wondered if you remembered my earlier note.  

Full disclosure  - I knew the announcement was coming but didn't have even a clue about the Nascar kits.  When I saw the announcement earlier Friday (before it was posted here), I did a double take and had to study the graphics layout around the Nascar kits to see if they supported what appeared to be a full detail kit.  Then I thought of you and smiled.  Needless to say I hope these kits live up to your and others' expectations.    Best....TIM

Jonathon....thanks.  I wondered if you remembered my earlier note.  

Full disclosure  - I knew the announcement was coming but didn't have even a clue about the Nascar kits.  When I saw the announcement earlier Friday (before it was posted here), I did a double take and had to study the graphics layout around the Nascar kits to see if they supported what appeared to be a full detail kit.  Then I thought of you and smiled.  Needless to say I hope these kits live up to your and others' expectations.    Best....TIM

Tim, looking at the test shots that Revell had at the show,  it is going to be a good kit.