Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 Chevy Suburban

Fabrux

I was at my LHS today and talking with the owner and he showed me a listing on his suppliers website for a new tool 1966 Suburban that is being issued the same month as the Foose F-100. This was the first I'd heard of this; anyone know more? :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hobby Lobby is pretty far down the shipping order at Revell......I am sure they want a bigger discount......

That could be one reason Dave, but I would think it has more to do with having their shelves set up and making changes several times a year. Not sure how many stores they are up to but I would think coordinating the re-set and making sure enough models are ordered and in stock at their warehouses for replenishment means a fairly large order for Revell to fill.

I would be surprised to NOT see the Suburban kit at Hobby Lobby, I figure they will be a couple of months behind.

My local HL has sold out now on the Bronco and the Foose '56. I am assured by the clerk stocking the aisle that they will be getting. She told me that they have sold out every Bronco they get within a week, and have to keep re-ordering more. So, next time I see one, I'll snag it. Same with the Suburban when I see it.

Opened mine up today, and started doing subassemblies in preparation for painting. Wow! Am I impressed. This is a very nice kit. I only have one complaint. And it's a very minor one at that. I wish they would have offered this kit where one could have had the optional third seat in it. Making it a nine passenger, rather than a six. But, that's it. Everything else looks great. Good detail. Without going overboard, making the kit complicated to build. What I've glued together so far, fits prefect. I'm loving it. I've always been a big fan of the Suburbans. I've been waiting for years for somebody to do one. And Revell has done this one right. I do hope they eventually follow this kit up with a panel truck version. But, I'm glad to see a Suburban first.

R. Scott Aho