Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 Chevy Suburban

Fabrux

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alexis said:

Ah. Thanks Casey.

I thought it might've been discontinued semi-recently to be honest, so I did want to check on it's production status, as it were.

A number of these kits are available online for $25, but stock is not exactly plentiful. Seems to me like one of those kits that once it's discontinued, you'll kick yourself for not buying one or more while they were easily sourced.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I thought it might've been discontinued semi-recently to be honest, so I did want to check on it's production status, as it were.

A number of these kits are available online for $25, but stock is not exactly plentiful. Seems to me like one of those kits that once it's discontinued, you'll kick yourself for not buying one or more while they were easily sourced.

I've noticed a lot of current kits as being out of stock or temporarily unavailable at various online sellers and figure it probably has a lot to do with the shipping situation from Asia and the increased costs to get stuff here. I think some might have thought this was discontinued because Hobby Lobby put them on clearance but more likely they just wanted to change their planogram for the hobby aisle.

To your point about stockpiling, I have several set aside for different versions I want to build.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

That's why I laid back a few when ever I saw them on sale. I really like this kit and even converted the rear Barn Doors to a Tail Gate style on my last build. Just like it better that way.