Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Dodge " Dirty Danny " Charger

Riley Customs

20161015_101644.thumb.jpg.8e6dd3c561cf18

Pick this up the other day at my local Hobby Lobby with my weekly coupon. Growing up I had a 73 Charger and this is close .

20161015_101702.thumb.jpg.19b8e31bcfeb59

Not a big fan of the orange body color but hey......Decided to go outside of my comfort zone and try to scratch build a chassis to lower it, put wider tires inside and a cage in it.

20161015_101716.thumb.jpg.5eccf08ce7839e

This is what I have so far. I had drawn it on graph paper earlier to see what size to make things. Already had to make it smaller width wise as I want the body to fit over it and not as tight as the floor pan that came with the kit. I am using the rear end out of another kit from a dragster so to fit the wheels inside the body. NOW if any one has ideas, tips, tricks or comments please help a brother out. I am hoping that once I get this one done I want to make some kind of a jig to speed up the process for my next build. All depends on how much trouble I have with the. " The only way to learn is to try " my dad !