Model Cars Magazine Forum

'80 Dodge Ramcharger

Just completed this guy for an IPMS review.  Unlike some others, the body was straight.  However, the frame had a twist in it.  There's HOK cinnamon pearl and cocoa pearl on the body.  Those Desert Dog tires and bead lock wheels are from Ma's Resin and are a full 1/2" taller than the kit units.  That required me to fabricate a suspension lift kit.

Thanks Ray.  I've had them so long that I can't remember Ray.  Whenever I order from Al (Ma's Resin) I usually make it a fairly large order.  A few weeks ago I did send him an email asking what's going on.  There has been no reply.  One of these days I'm going to call him.

Thanks Ray.  I've had them so long that I can't remember Ray.  Whenever I order from Al (Ma's Resin) I usually make it a fairly large order.  A few weeks ago I did send him an email asking what's going on.  There has been no reply.  One of these days I'm going to call him.

Do you have a current number for him ?

Thanks Ray.  I've had them so long that I can't remember Ray.  Whenever I order from Al (Ma's Resin) I usually make it a fairly large order.  

I know Al and can tell you that this is the problem with the whole deal --  he started this to experiment with resins and perfecting molds.  He was selling the tires for about the cost of the resin rubber to help guys get tires they wouldn't find otherwise.  He cast a few wheels I loaned him that came from diecast trucks, ones you'd never get for model building.  He has one pressure pot that he can fit about 6 tires into.  It has to run over night.  That means his production per evening is SIX tires.  He also travels extensively for his business, so he's not home a lot.  So between being away and the limited production on nights he has the energy to cast a few...