Model Cars Magazine Forum

Possibly the worst thing Ive ever seen.....

That guy's been selling incredibly carpy "models" for quite some time now, apparently part of a large collection that was built by someone skill-challenged, and complete with insect parts and rodent feces from storage. What a deal.

My question is...has he actually sold any of these "works of art" :blink: "There's a sucker born every minute" P.T. Barnum 

And just to clarify, Im not picking on the builder. Im a little astonished at the price tag. 

Understood. There's no sin in not being a very good builder.

Just FYI...several years ago I bought a bunch of gluebombs from this same seller, very reasonably priced and loaded with salvageable parts. Nothing like what's on offer now. :huh:

Yeah, he seems to offer alot of fairly recently issued subjects that can be bought MIB for half that price! I actually took a long look at one not too long ago because I thought it was a '58 Ford (which I would have paid $50 even like that because of rarity), but, after much close looking at his equally bad pics, it ended up being an incredibly bad '57 instead. Glad I didn't bite too quickly!

This guy raises so many questions. Some of these builds look really old based on how dirty they are and some of the kits being long out of production, did he inherit these atrocities or is he selling off his builds from when he was an alcoholic or drug user? Did the same person who built the kits also build the diorama, because it's not too bad while the models are... special. There are so many builds with the same style and "quality" they have to be from the same builder and not someone selling off bought collections from different sources. I go through some of his listings in awe such a thing could exist and that it's for sale.

Edited by Fat Brian

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...........that takes the cake for sure....im speechless 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...........that takes the cake for sure....im speechless 

I honestly can't tell if these things are the work of a genius or a slight case of severe brain damage. There is an old guy near me that turns junk and scrap metal into yard art and what he does is incredibly creative but the execution is also much better. As many of these builds as there are you would think the skill of the builder would have improved at some point.

benny_zpsppkcagcp.jpg

Here is one with a rare body If my memory serves.... it looks like it may have been intended to have rolling wheels, to play with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Vintage-Custom-1970s-Ford-Ranger-Long-Box-4x4-for-junkyard-diorama-parts-/381486412535?hash=item58d25cb2f7:g:QEcAAOSwnH1WZoYS

The extra sprue frame, and soda straw axle tube with some kind of metal axle. Pretty clever but, I wonder what kind of adhesive was used? Liquid nails?

Here is one with a rare body If my memory serves.... it looks like it may have been intended to have rolling wheels, to play with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Vintage-Custom-1970s-Ford-Ranger-Long-Box-4x4-for-junkyard-diorama-parts-/381486412535?hash=item58d25cb2f7:g:QEcAAOSwnH1WZoYS

The extra sprue frame, and soda straw axle tube with some kind of metal axle. Pretty clever but, I wonder what kind of adhesive was used? Liquid nails?

It does look a lot like liquid nails.