Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Mack R model being reissued in 2017

Ben

I agree. Ive bought a number of Mack R models over the years. I have already built one stock so recently I picked up one of those R700 conversion kits from AITM for an original issue kit Im working on. To say the least, they are beautiful, clean castings and come with a bunch of nice parts. I cant wait to get mine worked on. I plan to buy many more as soon as the reissues hit the shelves.

• 3 weeks later...

Odd that they needed to restore those fueltanks and spoke wheels, cuz were't they also in the 90's release?(red truck on the box-art cover, with a white one on the side panels)

I'm probably misremembering, but I seem to vaguely recall from a friend that builds a lot of trucks in our discussion of this reissue that the box art didn't match the kit contents.  A case of the person doing the build used parts from an older kit because the new test shots weren't available when the model needed to be built.

Looks like this is confirmed—if the box art is accurate—it will be the "Matlack" version of the R685ST kit.  This is on the Round2 website as of today Thurs. 3/23.

http://round2corp.com/product/mack-r685st-semi-tractor/

"The Kats at AMT have listened to what truck modelers want to see again, and here’s a top selection – the Mack R685ST tractor! This super-detailed big rig has all the great parts truck modelers want, including the wheel options that have been left out of previous releases! It has been spruced up with expanded and improved decals, too! It features fantastic Retro Deluxe™ vintage packaging to boot. Get truckin’ with AMT!"

Odd that they needed to restore those fueltanks and spoke wheels, cuz were't they also in the 90's release?(red truck on the box-art cover, with a white one on the side panels)

Not sure about the fuel tanks but the rear wheels were retooled because they had bad sink marks in them.