Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crew cab dually w/Ranger bass boat

this is an All American Models resin dually kit with bass boat from the  Revell "Bass Buster" kit.

IMG_1421E_zpsngje9fnh.jpg

IMG_1422E_zpshvnc98fd.jpg

IMG_1424E_zpsimkkkyfh.jpg

IMG_1426E_zpsz6ubltt3.jpg

IMG_1427E_zps65tjlebq.jpg

For what it is worth, the boat seems to be too big. The El Camino that is the tow vehicle in the Bass Buster kit would easily fit on the boat trailer!

Edited by Flynlo

Nice truck. I have that AAM dually in my stash for a future project. Where did you get the mirrors? 

Thanks for the compliments!

The grill is from the 454 SS kit. Left it in black plastic and painted the lights, BMF for the trim. This generation Chevy has a different appearance between the parking lights and turn signals. To suggest this I use straight turn signal amber on the vertically stacked lights and mix it with a little chrome silver on the larger horizontal light. BMF applied to the lights first to enhance the transluscent look. 

The mirrors (and wheels/tires) are from the Monogram Ford Dually.

The rear bumper is resin covered in BMF.

Edited by Flynlo

Need a 40 acre field to turn that rig around B), great model!

I agree! You also wouldn't see much of the boat launch behind those dually fenders when backing the boat in but, as mentioned, the boat is so big it makes a regular pick up look tiny. Looks good behind this monster. I have a 5th wheel hitch from Scenes Unlimited for this and it will probably end up pulling a Galaxy trailer.

The boat looks big because it is 1:24 and the truck is made from the 454ss kit which was actually small for 1:25.  The boat scales out to about 1:24.  My neighbor had one and I thought it looked big too, so I compared my kit to his boat which was a longer version of the same boat.

• 1 month later...