Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell question

Around 2 weeks ago I sent a message to Revell requesting parts replacement. I bought the newer Dart 2 in 1 kit and the slicks were pretty blemished. It was like they were taken out of the mold before cooling and set on something while still soft.  The Cragar rims were also blemished on the outer part of the rim. I am wondering if  it takes a while to hear back from Revell  or do they just send the parts without a response?  Thanks

I've always gotten a reply from them, but that can take 6days--2wks. Then they tell you its another 4-6wks for delivery but I generally get them in about 10days from the email and I live in Canada. If they deny your request, ie asking for too many parts or its a really old kit, they'll email you on that too.

I have not got a reply in a while. They used to send a post card if they no longer had the parts. My last two request are processing but never showed up. They give you a order number that you can review the status of your order but mine is over two months old and still says a shipping label was created.

I have only had to get a replacement parts from Revell one time so it's hard to say what is normal. I used their on line request and provided the codes from the kit box and  the part number, explained the problem on the provided comment box. Within 72 hours I had an E-mail conformation and the new body arrived within a week. So for my personal experience this one time I was very happy with their response. One thing I either read here or else where was that these parts are removed from old stock in the where house that was set aside a long ago. In my mind that would require a great deal of time in some cases looking thru cannibalized kits looking for parts. So depending on the replacement parts requests the turnaround time would be different at different times.        

If you go online there's a section to check on the parts request, when you filled out the online parts request you would have been given a ref' number, pop that in the box on the form, and you'll find out what's happening to your missing parts

LOL.  Thanks for your experiences guys. Yes I did fill out the order form on the website. I'm hoping my parts just show up so I can call this a good experience. Sorry for those of you who have not found joy. For the price a guy pays for kits these days, we don't want any flawed parts we can't use.