Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '39 Ford Sedan

FordRodnKustom

Ron, I would go with your original idea! The chrome moons would give it a more vintage look, and just a touch of shine against the gray.

I like the black steelies, or the chrome moons.....either are just right, IMO.....the Ace...:D

Thanks and I agree. I've already changed them back. I appreciated all the replies on this build. I know my style isn't everyone's "cup o tea"  but I just enjoy these old AMT kits. I grew up glue bombing them together and I see no reason to change now! B)

Thanks and I agree. I've already changed them back. I appreciated all the replies on this build. I know my style isn't everyone's "cup o tea"  but I just enjoy these old AMT kits. I grew up glue bombing them together and I see no reason to change now! B)

yeah, well they don't have to drink tea with you, they can have coffee.........your car's are built for your taste's and interests, and  if some find that doesn't  suit them, they can click to another page.....I have, and always will build to my liking and interest's,,,, and old AMT, MPC, and JOHAN  kits are from our era, and  in my view the backbone and heritage of this hobby.....those kit's will still draw interest when so many other's will be largely forgotten.......keep building them, Ron,,, I do.........the Ace.......;)

Thanks all! I like the open steelies best too but it was suggested to me that spun aluminum disc would look better than the chrome moons.

What ya'll think?

Yes, absolutely. With the chop and the rake it already brings the salt flats to mind. The wheel discs just finish it off. 

Edited by Jantrix

yeah, well they don't have to drink tea with you, they can have coffee.........your car's are built for your taste's and interests, and  if some find that doesn't  suit them, they can click to another page.....I have, and always will build to my liking and interest's,,,, and old AMT, MPC, and JOHAN  kits are from our era, and  in my view the backbone and heritage of this hobby.....those kit's will still draw interest when so many other's will be largely forgotten.......keep building them, Ron,,, I do.........the Ace.......;)

You get it. I will. Thanks.