Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette C7R (Daytona winner)

Ismael, looking good man. Way to stick with it. I kinda put my first one aside too. I wasnt happy with the decals so I walked away before ruining it further. I may dust it back off now that I've got a second one on the go. I like the mods you've done so I'm definitely going to follow suite on most of them. 

Good luck on the decals and clear....you're due for some luck on this thing.

David

• 4 months later...

Tap Tap.. Hello?  Is this thing on?

Ohh Hi!

Because of the  hurricane, this project went into hibernation.  It has been a really stubborn project. I lost the love and it is now a personal challenge.  

I just airbrushed what I hope was the last coat of Gravity colors Corvette Racing Yellow.  I've been saying that for the last 5 color coats or so.  Once dry, I'll carefully mask and paint the black areas.  Taking it very slow with this one. I don't trust it. I know it wants to bite me again....

DSCF3017b.jpg.52301f42a177de2a1269b6e69c98ffb1.jpg

DSCF3018b.jpg.e6c2a0b71cae2f1f8fe6ed4d25c829b8.jpg

DSCF3019b.jpg.9dafd6d78f83b07f131d29dab279404f.jpg

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Very little workbench time but started working on the black trim.  Very minor little overspray to tocuh up.  Love Tamiya tape.  Up next, I'll continue with masking and painting the black areas of the hood, roof and trunk lid.  Did not do it in one go because I am going carefully slow with this one.  One more major mishap with this project and it could crash into a wall as part of an anger management therapy session.......

2v2JKiAiSxJ21ND.jpg

2v2JKiA6VxJ21ND.jpg

2v2JKiAthxJ21ND.jpg

2v2JKiAYCxJ21ND.jpg

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been away for a while.  Just very busy with work and life in general.  Very little progress on this but at least a step in the right direction.

Masked and airbrushed the black roof and hood areas.  the roof came out perfect but the hood required a tiny touch up.  I just airbrushed it a few minutes ago.

The black Cobra Colors lacquer lays so smooth it is tempting me to do a black car.......  

2v2J6bt5dxJ21ND.jpg

2v2J6btFnxJ21ND.jpg

Thanks,

Hello,

Working on the last body mods that will eventually be body color: Pitot tubes and dive planes.

Minor touch up and will be ready for color. Can't wait to finish this. It's been a stubborn one. But still quite far from the finish line.

DSCF3091b.jpg.e3ae6ee772858e6b38da670246ba155d.jpg

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've always considered each sub-assembly as a model itself.   Well,  I'll just forget about the rest of the car and display these by themselves...  :)

Sanded tires, detailed brakes, drybrushed molded center nut.  Applied Future to the sidewall before applying the decals, then sealed with dullcoat.  Hand lettering as per 1:1.

Hard to see but I added valve stems as well.

2v2JRoKy5xJ21ND.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks,

On 4/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, jeffdeoranut said:

what do you use as the filler?

Hi Jeff,

For this I used automotive glazing putty from the local Auto Zone.  I usually use either that or superfine Milliput for bigger areas.  Hope this helps!

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...