Model Cars Magazine Forum

92 F-150 Prerunner WIP

So... this truck's been one of those back burner projects that just sits in the background, taunting me, but i never seem to get much further. Ive kinda hit a block on the rear end suspension, namely the mounting situation for the coilovers, and the trailing arms, which were salvaged from.. some rc or something else long ago. Anyhow, I've taken it back out recently to try to figure something out, but... not much has happened yet... I reworked my fuel cell a bit lol but that's it.

Also, this is my first (chronologically) photo documented build.

So this truck had started as a Flareside kit that i first built when i was (comparatively) still pretty young and would go on to paint it twice more, destroy the original bed, damage the front bumper and headlight, and then overhaul it into a sorts of phantom truck, complete with another, albeit wrong, pickup bed (99 f350 8') Eventually I didn't like that either, and i wanted my f350 bed back,  and then the idea occurred: this would make a good base for a prerunner. I could get away with not having a bed and if I wreck it, oh well, its already been thru a lot.