Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Chevrolet Corvette C3 "Stuck in 70's"

Vbad

Hello mates!

It's been a while since I've been posting any finished builds, so here I am.

This is a Monogram 1982 Corvette snap-kit. The detailing is kinda poor (34 details only), thats why I used tires from Scenes Unlimited, Fireball Models white letter decals, made new side pipes from plastic rods and added some hoses and plumbing.

I know it's a late model C3, but I wanted to build it 70's street machine nostalgic style - black faded primer, meaty tires, chrome sidepipes, glass T-top, the 70's stance of course and a little bit of dust from running the backroads.

I used paints and effects from a young Russian company Pacific88, mostly water based acryl and enamel filters.

The weather in central Russia is absolutely unpleasant, so I had no opportunity to take some pics outdoors. 

Hope you'll enjoy this little 70's flashback!

82corvette-0.jpg

82corvette-2.jpg

82corvette-3.jpg

82corvette-1.jpg

82corvette-4.jpg

82corvette-5.jpg

82corvette-6.jpg

82corvette-7.jpg

82corvette-8.jpg

82corvette-9.jpg

82corvette-10.jpg

82corvette-11.jpg

82corvette-12.jpg

82corvette-13.jpg

82corvette-14.jpg

82corvette-15.jpg

82corvette-16.jpg

82corvette-18.jpg

82corvette-19.jpg

82corvette-20.jpg

82corvette-21.jpg

82corvette-22.jpg

Different and cool.

Call me Sick And Wrong, but I LIKE this! I like it a lot! Well done and model on! B)

(BTW, I've got a spare '63 Vette body that has the windows glued in so tight and nasty that I was thinking of just painting them black and doing something very much like with the rest of it, just so it doesn't go to waste. Thanks for the inspiration!)

Thank you all, guys! I know late C3 isn't very popular and the body design is a matter of opinion. I definitely wouldn't call it the most beautiful Corvette design of all times. But the point was to catch this weary look.