Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1969 Plymouth Barracuda

BradD81

Picked up the new Round 2 release of the old MPC '69 Barracuda the other day kind of on a whim. I am a big fan of the A-Body Mopars and this particular car has always been a favorite.  Mostly built straight out of the box with a slight stance modification and a set of Cragar S/S wheels from the parts box. ( the custom wheels that come with the kit are a six lug!!) The underhood detail on this is pretty typical late 60s MPC so I did not even bother.  To make it look presentable would require tons of scratch building.  Paint of this is Testors One Coat Lacquer Pure Gold with the same brand Bronze on the interior. A top coat of Testors Wet Look clear was added and then polished down.  A few minor fit issues that I should have addressed before paint, but overall, pretty happy with this one!

LRM_EXPORT_20161023_122557 by Brad DeSantis, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20161023_122418 by Brad DeSantis, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20161023_122047 by Brad DeSantis, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20161023_122234 by Brad DeSantis, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20161023_121818 by Brad DeSantis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Very nice! Reminds me of most of the models I built in high school, and that's a GOOD thing! Model on! B)

Great looking Cuda.. the cragars look great along with the color choice

Thanks Snake45 and towman1271, thats the look I was going for with the color, wheels and white letter tires. Very period correct mid 70s second owner looks.

Looks good. I just bought that kit.

Thanks, good luck with it, before you paint it, take same material off the hood so it fits and dry fit the front end sheetmetal and grills. 

Oh no, there are no side mirrors.  Your likely gonna hear about that.   But from me this looks great nice work.

The side mirrors in the kit are awful.  I am trying to find something to put on there, but on my shelf....it looks fine, haha. 

Edited by BradD81

Great looking Cuda!! Always been a fan of the A-body Barracuda's and nothing looks better on them than a set of Crager S/S wheels. I also recently bought this same kit at Hobby Lobby. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours!!

Agreed!  Thats were I got mine too, gotta love 40% off coupons!  I just wish my local Hobby Lobby had a better selection.