Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is this?

Probably 25 years ago, a friend asked me to safeguard his small stash, I've finally decided that I've waited long enough for him to reclaim it. So, I found this.

Can anyone ID it and then can anyone post the instructions? I'm thinking BRM or Cooper but I have no idea. Single cylinder, rear engine, transverse leaf springs.

DSCF4033.JPG

DSCF4034.JPG

And here it is today, in mock up. Reference for this one was a bit scarce. Draggon's pic was about the best and it appears to be the same one the kit is based on.  I did find a pretty good article on F3 cars in an older Automobile Quarterly, a hard cover magazine that my Dad had subscribed to since issue 1 in 1962 (take that, interweb!). Most of this class used a Triumph single cylinder as this one has. I added the gauge with a decal and PE bezel. These cars were not cookie cutter, no two were identical. I Could have done a bit more sanding, I missed some small spots and got tired of sanding the others, but this will definitely be shelfworthy. As in nobody comes over anyway so it's just me and I like it. My first full resin kit. Thanks Herb.

DSCF4043.JPG

Edited by samdiego