Model Cars Magazine Forum

OMG! THEY KILLED GLENNY!!!

Snake45

• 3 years later...

Lucille and some pine tar should suit him fine. :D

Hopefully, Carol and any other self-centered dopes will get their tickets punched soon. I'm tired of some jerk with issues goes off and puts the rest of thge members in jeopardy because they feel obligated to search for them.

BTW, their goofy post-apocalyptic society looks suspiciously a lot like this Snakefinger video.

Edited by SfanGoch

And what kept exploding at Hilltop last night? Couldn't have been an ammo dump--they've been out of ordnance for a while. Was that their carefully hoarded and rationed gas for Darrell's motorcycle? 

The last part of last week's episode and the first part of this week's reminded me of the camp attack in The Green Berets. I kept expecting someone to yell "Hit the pool gas!"  I know the TWD team are big pop culture fans, and love to work in little homages and "Easter eggs." I wonder if any of the Green Berets look/feel was deliberate, or just coincidental? :unsure:

37 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

I'm still trying to comprehend how tiger gets taken down by hipsters with bad skin. Live humans couldn't pull that off and the writers expect us to to believe six or seven AAA battery armed corpses with zero muscular strength can.

And why are the zombies so into earth tones? You NEVER see one wearing bright red or yellow or even a festive floral print. Yeah, I know we're ten years in and they're filthy, but you'd think that every now and then you'd see a newly-dead who had a festive spirit or sense of style. :unsure:

I blew my seltzer water through my nose reading that. :D

Zombies probably get their clothes out of Goodwill dumpsters still found in some malls.

This show would be more interesting if it was set in a real city. The Omega Man comes to mind. For the last ten years, it's been a cadaver packed version of Survivor.

• 2 weeks later...

Curiously, I saw a zombie in bright yellow in the latest episode. 

Sorry to see Michonne leave. 

Couple times over the years on the aftershow, the point was made that if we'd started the journey with Negan, then we'd have seen Rick & company as the "bad guys." It was interesting to see a little of this twist played out on the latest episode. 

Edited by Snake45

I'm a Negan guy myself. This character has the right amount of swagger and attitude required during tough times. Heck, I'd buy him lunch after I hand over my cut. The wimpy, indecisive behavior of the Hilltop/Alexandria/Oceanside gaggle make for boring TV. Too much angst-driven self-reflective B.S. slows down the show. It's like watching a existential Scandinavian movie marathon. Jadis needs to make a guest appearance, sorta like Burgess Meredith and Julie Newmar on Batman, to liven things up.

Realistically, the whole collapse of society and government storyline doesn't wash. The Federal side would be able to maintain some type of control from the Doomsday bunkers. The upside is zombies aren't a strain on resources. They aren't eligible for Medicaid or tax credits. The downside, for politicians at least, is they can't be counted as sure votes.

18 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Realistically, the whole collapse of society and government storyline doesn't wash. The Federal side would be able to maintain some type of control from the Doomsday bunkers. The upside is zombies aren't a strain on resources. They aren't eligible for Medicaid or tax credits. The downside, for politicians at least, is they can't be counted as sure votes.

...and, of course, the zombies pay no taxes. :lol:

My take is a bit different. The zombies produce nothing, they contribute nothing, they do absolutely nothing but take from and get in the way of and destroy those who DO produce and contribute and are just trying to get on with their lives. They are the ultimate illustration of the saying "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers." Draw your own analogies....B):lol: