Model Cars Magazine Forum

OMG! THEY KILLED GLENNY!!!

Snake45

So, any other Walking Dead fans here?

(Now, will I get more responses from viewers, or from those who take their time to tell me they don't watch it, don't have cable, don't watch ANY TV, etc? Will be interesting to see....)

Edited by Snake45

As a reader of the comics, I knew Glen was going to die. His death at the hands of Negan is SO important to everything that happens in the comic, there is no way they could have changed this plot line for tv. Without giving much away, you're going to see some new leaders, and some intense action. As soon as we learned about Negan last year, I got crazy excited for what was coming this season.

Abraham's death surprised me, as I didn't think we'd lose two people.

I have to say though, I wasn't shocked. I've always seen Abraham, Eugene, Sasha, and Rosalita as "secondary" cast members. I see them as expendable. The only ones I see as being 100% immune to death right now are Rick and Darryl.

The most shocking death me so far was when they found Sophia back in season 3. I got legitimately choked up on that one and didn't see it coming.  

I knew from the comic (someone at work reads them) that Negan kills Glenn, but thought that he was such a popular character on the TV show that he might get a reprieve. I believe Carol was killed in the comic about three or four seasons ago, but she lives on.

Big... Walking Dead fan here... Was pretty upset that they got rid of Glenn. He was one of the few I really liked... Although I knew we were going to lose one for sure with the way last season ended but was totally shocked that they got rid of 2 people. I know its part of the story line but still there were a couple others that they could of gotten rid of that wouldn't of bothered me...lol. I have never read any of the comics and I have no clue how close the show and the comics are or are not. My understanding from watching Talking Dead afterwards is that, it opens up the story line for a lot more seasons.

I think Tyrese was the comic book err.. graphic novel version of Daryl. We have the first 4 books, and I have only read two of them. Daryl has not shown up yet. Tyrese is Rick right hand man. Speaking of right hands Rick is a little different in the graphic novel. There was a lot of teasing of that one in the premier. 

Edited by Scott Colmer

I don't read the comic but was told that Daryl is not from the comic and was made up and added. True ??

Kinda like Virgil Hilts, the Steve McQueen character in The Great Escape?B)

Don't look for Daryl's exit anytime soon. I work with hundreds of women and every single one of them is in love with him. I know, right? I don't get it either. But if they off Daryl, their viewership will drop by 50% immediately.

Edited by Snake45

Indeed!! My wife is generally fairly squeamish and usually doesn't like violence or horror movie stuff, but Daryl is one of the only reasons she'll watch Walking Dead with me. I may have to agree with her a little bit in that Glenn and Abraham's deaths were all little to graphic because unfortunately unlike zombies man can and does have the capability for such mindless cruelty and violence to one another and hits a little close. Now we just have to see what the retribution is concerning Negan because as we know the novel and TV storyline don't always follow the same path.

Edited by Phirewriter

Kinda like Virgil Hilts, the Steve McQueen character in The Great Escape?B)

Don't look for Daryl's exit anytime soon. I work with hundreds of women and every single one of them is in love with him. I know, right? I don't get it either. But if they off Daryl, their viewership will drop by 50% immediately.

My wife can't see it but the ladies I have talked with says his looks and tuff guy image does it for them. So i agree with you Snake i believe they would lose almost all female viewers. My wife will not watch the show gives her bad dreams.

I don't read the comic but was told that Daryl is not from the comic and was made up and added. True ??

Correct. Daryl and Merle were never in the comics.

As for Glen and having the producers/writers kill off someone else instead, there's no way they could have done that. In the comics, literally everything that happens from this point out happens because of Glen's death by Negan. Glen's death is THE catalyst for the next 100 or so comics. The tv show deviates from the comic for sure, which makes me happy, but all of the major touchpoints and characters in the comic are happening in the tv show. They have to somewhat stay true to the plotlines.

However, in the comics, Shane was never a major character. He died really early on. Hershel stuck around for quite a while. Dale would still be there. Andrea would be recently deceased. Rick would have lost an arm a couple of seasons ago. Sweet sweet Maggie would have tried to kill herself quite a while ago and shaved her head. Lots of changes. But the Glen thing, impossible to change unless they wanted a completely different storyline from here on out. 

And if you think Negan is crazy, you haven't met Ezekiel yet. He's not violent crazy, but he's definitely a little out there. We actually met some of his people last season.

I think this season is going to be the wildest one yet. 

Yep.

Lori was another. So you live in the Zombie apocalypse, Lori.... maybe you might want to keep an eye on you kid. 

Andrea was still worse too me. Wants to play with the big boys but did not have the smarts or the fortitude. Shot Daryl. Boo.

After that the female characters got better.

Have you ever checked out the Bad Lip Reading for walking dead? HILARIOUS.

What do you bet that tomorrow night's episode is all about Carol and Morgan and so forth and we don't get a single minute of the Core Gang?

Hah! If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train, you better get your stuff off the tracks! B):D