Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 30 Model A Ford Production Halted?

Daddyfink

So would anyone be willing to sell one of these extra kits they find? Say $40 plus shipping. I didn't get a kit before an now well ebay just to much right now. I have been getting setup as a resin caster an so I'm interested in what is unique that can be cast. So far I am avoiding box recasting parts so not out to reproduce the whole kit. I can even trade parts cast from the kit for the kit. Can someone even tell me why people are willing to spend $100 on this kit? 

Can someone even tell me why people are willing to spend $100 on this kit? 

I can't speak for whomever has $100 to spend on any single model car kit purchase,.  On the other hand, this one (despite some minor inaccuracies) is a truly outstanding kit that replicates the single hottest topic in the 1/1 scale hot rod world right now.

TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Can someone even tell me why people are willing to spend $100 on this kit? 

Because they want one and can't find it anywhere else?   It's out of production.... $100 isn't much, not like it's $1000... supply and demand... I have one, plan to build it eventually.  If it were a kit of a subject I was interested enough in to buy multiples, I'd pay a premium to get one...

Edited by Rob Hall

I can't see paying a premium for one just yet.  Both the roadster and coupe were, and are, hot items, and you get the impression that the powers that be at Revell know this.  They've done well with all of their rod subject matter, both newer tools like the Deuces and reissues like their Model A pickup and sedan.  They know what they are doing (except maybe for picking their manufacturing facilities)...they'll cut a replacement tool and crank more of them out.  They might have to change their production schedule around, or wait for an opening...but they'll do it.

I actuaully have two of them that I am thinking of throwing on Ebay, pocketing the money, and waiting for Revell to re-release it. But then with my luck I will spend the money, and they wont re-release the kit.... Kind of like years ago when AMT announced that they were going to re-issue the '69 Coronet R/T. I had two nice builers of the original MPC version. I sold them on Ebay for about $100.00 each; and waited for the re-issue to build. As we all know, the re-issue never came.

My Issue is why is there so much secrecy on Revells part.

There is no secrecy. If you can't accept the statement put out by one of Revell's own managers, well, you can always go with #altfacts  :rolleyes:

"Hi,

We have some issues involving this kit we cannot discuss at the moment. We are working to resolve them. When we have resolved them and have established a firm direct, we will let everyone know. Until then, please stand by. Sorry we can’t say more until then.

Regards,

Ed Sexton

Revell, Inc."

That's very clear and honest comment, and leaves no necessary information out. There are some things in life which are not for public consumption, and we may never know the reasons why, but that does not make it "secretive"-- it just makes it none of our business. 

If I had more '30 Fords in my stash, you bet I'd flip 'em on eBay now. I have no worries the kit will be back in production before the end of 2017.

There is no secrecy. If you can't accept the statement put out by one of Revell's own managers, well, you can always go with #altfacts  :rolleyes:

"Hi,

We are working to resolve them. When we have resolved them and have established a firm direct, we will let everyone know. Until then, please stand by. Sorry we can’t say more until then.

Regards,

Ed Sexton

Revell, Inc."

That's very clear and honest comment, and leaves no necessary information out. There are some things in life which are not for public consumption, and we may never know the reasons why, but that does not make it "secretive"-- it just makes it none of our business. 

If I had more '30 Fords in my stash, you bet I'd flip 'em on eBay now. I have no worries the kit will be back in production before the end of 2017.

We have some issues involving this kit we cannot discuss at the moment.

This statement sounds like the Beginning of a Secret. I have heard it said differently before, But that ended with DooDa Doo, and began with Listen do you want know a secret.

This statement sounds like the Beginning of a Secret. I have heard it said differently before, But that ended with DooDa Doo, and began with Listen do you want know a secret.

They're not under any obligation to provide specific information.  For now, the item is not available from them, and that's that.  That's all they are going to say about it.

No.old tooling, unrelated to the subjects of the thread.  Trying to create a distraction? 

No,

Similar rumor fed disappearance , continually answered with mind your own business, no secrecy, just except what they say, all status quo, bla bla bla.

Edited by Greg Myers

I don't think I have ever seen another hobby or interest that is so secretive. Any other endeavor has a myriad of press, magazines covering all aspects of there subject. Something like this comes up, it's covered in every way possible, Web sites, magazines,  leaving nothing unturned, no secrets.

Fair enough.

If anyone is worried these kits will never again be produced, by all means, rush out and buy as many as you can. Those of us who believe the kits will be back in production eventually will wait patiently until we hear more from Revell.

Fair enough.

If anyone is worried these kits will never again be produced, by all means, rush out and buy as many as you can. Those of us who believe the kits will be back in production eventually will wait patiently until we hear more from Revell.

I have two each of the kits....passed on some sitting on the shelf at Hobby Lobby......they will return. 

They're not under any obligation to provide specific information.  For now, the item is not available from them, and that's that.  That's all they are going to say about it.

I never Said that Revell was under any obligation to Provide Specific Information. My original post only brought out that the secrecy is fueling some speculation of what truly happened, and if the kit will ever be produced again. 

Could be there are not near as many secrets as there are legal issues????

Standard business stuff...obviously, Revell isn't going to air any dirty laundry or legal complexities publicly--they are part of a privately held company, not publicly traded.  No need to disclose any private matters. Bored people on the internet are reading too much into this and speculating too much.  The reality is Revell discontinued two products, which will likely return in the future.   They made a statement about the discontinuation, that's all we need to know...nothing to see here, move on...

Edited by Rob Hall

• Xingu locked this topic