Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 30 Model A Ford Production Halted?

Daddyfink

Now 13 pages,100% Fact Free!

Come now Ace, you yourself stated on page one "I had really wanted to get several of the coupe kits and had saved up a little fund specifically for that. When my local Hobby Lobby got them in, I picked up three with the 40%-off coupons...over several weeks. " Then not long after Dave Ambrose stated "'I, for one, would love a '66 Dart. That was the car I learned to drive in. " Both of which I assume to be factual.

I would agree there is mostly conjecture here, but not totally without fact along the way. :D

I just happened to pop into the Hobby Lobby in Woodbridge VA on Saturday and saw one 29 Roadster on the shelf , so I brought up the 40% coupon on the cell phone and bought it for $17.80...now it will sit in my mancave for a few months....I have other "wanna do" projects ahead of it. FYI...due to the controversy surrounding the 30 coupe I have scoured the Michael's and AC Moore stores all around N Va just to see and have seen no 30 coupes anywhere so the word of mouth along with the Internet buzz about that kit must've cleaned them all out. I myself own two or three of the original Monogram stock version of the 30 coupe so if I really absolutely had to build one as a rod version  I'd have a starting point ...my aftermarket supply would do the rest. Can't see forking over the absurd prices I've seen them going for on Ebay...even if it was discontinued...which they say it won't be.

Yes that IS fake news...until recently it was just called a lie!  

Didn't see the rule about NO politics eh?

Now it's "alternative facts" :)

Not politics, more "Manufacturing news to fit a conspiracy theory about a tool" 

Suspect like me, Bill not particularly political.

Now it's "alternative facts" :)

Not politics, more "Manufacturing news to fit a conspiracy theory about a tool" 

Suspect like me, Bill not particularly political.

it is political though, since the quote is from a well known conservative writer.  Wrong forum for politics.  

Edited by Rob Hall

Ooops. See, I'm not political, it [/img}starts handbag fights. 

It's a caryyall, not a purse. It's European! :lol:

So good news then, because there's still no news on this kit. :)

Didn't see the rule about NO politics eh?

it is political though, since the quote is from a well known conservative writer.  Wrong forum for politics.  

I'll bet $100 that any number of "well known conservative writers" have said "I like pie".

However, quoting that sentiment does not make a political statement OR reference.

This is especially true when the quote is taken completely out of context to illustrate an entirely different point.

Image result for rumors quotes

Five Kits, Bill. That is more than I'd be willing to invest in an accurate OLDs motor.  But, I'm glad you know what parts to use. Rock On.

That would be true for someone starting from scratch. But don't most of us old timers have multiples of these kits in our stash anyway? ?

• Xingu locked this topic